Amplifier Feedback Good or Bad?

Is Too Much Negative Feedback in Audio Amplifiers Bad?

• Yes. The best sounding amps use less or no feedback.

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • No. The best sounding and performaning amps use lots of feedback.

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • What's feedback feedback feedback feedback....?

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
In which case I must apologise in advance that I won't be terribly active on threads other than those linked specifically to Audioholics editorials and talks I take part in.
Of course, I (or we..) know you are super busy developing products all the time. Hopefully you would at least monitor this site a few times a month without even participating in any conversation unless you feel necessary to do so for any reason.:)

Thanks! Mind you, I left Hypex in 2015 and (shameless plug alert!) I actually have a new generation of amps out with a new company called Purifi. Search for "Eigentakt".
Good to know, come to think of it, I seem to remember something about Purifi, either when I was searching for DIY projects, or ASR might have reviewed one, or someone mentioned it there.

I just remember I bought the 25 W First Watt (Mr. Pass's) F5 amp months ago, got too busy and forgot. Now with the C-19 thing there are tons of time to get it build before moving on to the Hypex/Purifi class D stuff.[/QUOTE]

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I listened to this video last week while I was driving so I wasn't watching. Every time Bruno spoke I kept picturing Richard Dawkins. Bruno sounds just like him!
I had to go back and read your post again, Thought had posted Stephen Hawkins, :p;):)you know that Brilliant physicist that pasted away, who believes that they maybe Parallel universe, that all the Galaxies are surrounded by bubbles. Think “Men in Black” movie the 1st one.:)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I had to go back and read your post again, Thought had posted Stephen Hawkins, :p;):)you know that Brilliant physicist that pasted away, who believes that they maybe Parallel universe, that all the Galaxies are surrounded by bubbles. Think “Men in Black” movie the 1st one.:)
Yes, I'm familiar with who Stephen Hawking is. Richard Dawkins is also a scientist, but he's from England and his field of expertise is evolutionary biology and ethology. He also does talks, debates and is a huge proponent for critical thinking, skepticism and the scientific method. I've listened to many of his debates and Bruno sounds a lot like him.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, I'm familiar with who Stephen Hawking is. Richard Dawkins is also a scientist, but he's from England and his field of expertise is evolutionary biology and ethology. He also does talks, debates and is a huge proponent for critical thinking, skepticism and the scientific method. I've listened to many of his debates and Bruno sounds a lot like him.
Stephen Hawking was British too.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Good info Pogre, I’ll do some research on Richard Dawkins. Interesting, I had to ask wasn’t sure thx. Just a note there is a, Method to the madness of the way my mind works. Now on Bruno, you have any links of his Work or Articles. PENG may have postup a link on his work don’t remember which Thread may be on this one.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I couldn't tell by his accent! :p

I forgot he was from Oxford.
Oh no you didn’t just go there, Stephen Hawkins was an inspiration to other’s with total Paralysis from his Debilitating disease to his very end of his life. He like many other’s who didn’t take a Cowards way out by taking his own life. Haven’t met the man in person but I have followed his work and his Accomplishments in life and his Field of science was nothing short of astonishing. If I could only have his Courage. His Constitution of Will surely is a standard set. The man had a wonderful Spirit of life.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Here is the long form of the Amplifier Feedback article for those that wish to dive deeper:

J

jeffca

Junior Audioholic
Who does this Bruno Putzeys think he is? One of the greatest amp designers on the planet?

Hey, egg head, amp design is based upon belief that it's good, not science and mathematics. You and your equations & science make my head hurt.

You should be using tubes because that pleasant, orange glow let's you know that the music must sound good. Even better if it has giant meters.

This class D stuff you are pushing lacks the warmth and musicality that you can only get from pentodes that are producing a ton of wonderful distortion and noise. In making a straight wire with gain, you have destroyed everything that is wonderful about amplifiers.

So, Bruno, calm down! Make amps the fantastic, old fashioned way and everything will be grand. No one needs an audio amplifier that is audibly perfect.

Keep America great! Trump 2020

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Who does this Bruno Putzeys think he is? One of the greatest amp designers on the planet?

Hey, egg head, amp design is based upon belief that it's good, not science and mathematics. You and your equations & science make my head hurt.

You should be using tubes because that pleasant, orange glow let's you know that the music must sound good. Even better if it has giant meters.

This class D stuff you are pushing lacks the warmth and musicality that you can only get from pentodes that are producing a ton of wonderful distortion and noise. In making a straight wire with gain, you have destroyed everything that is wonderful about amplifiers.

So, Bruno, calm down! Make amps the fantastic, old fashioned way and everything will be grand. No one needs an audio amplifier that is audibly perfect.

Keep America great! Trump

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Modern audiophiles may not know the saying "I want a straight wire, with gain", but they still seem to think that specs don't matter. NFB can be implemented without killing the sound, but let's let them figure that out for themselves.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis