92isuzu

Audiophyte
i have a 620w magnovox 4 channel amp just a few minuites of mid range play it gets so hot it will burn you crank it up a little more it either shuts off or blows the fuse it melted a fuse onetime im only pushing 2- 600w kenwood 10's on channels one and two bridged mono and two cheap 6x9's on channels 3 and 4 running in stereo give me some suggestions.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
bridged mono for two drivers? how have you wired them?

most subs are 4 ohms and 6 x 9 speakers are 4 ohms as well ...

what exactly is the ohm rating of your kenwood 10's?

if they are 4 ohms each, maybe they should be wired in series

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
i have a 620w magnovox 4 channel amp just a few minuites of mid range play it gets so hot it will burn you crank it up a little more it either shuts off or blows the fuse it melted a fuse onetime im only pushing 2- 600w kenwood 10's on channels one and two bridged mono and two cheap 6x9's on channels 3 and 4 running in stereo give me some suggestions.
I'm with Mike. I bet it's the bridging. You have to do this very carefully, and know what you are doing. Unbridge it. Unfortunately you may have already done serious expensive damage to the amp.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Also keep in mind that a bridged amp "sees" the load presented by the loudspeakers as one hald of their rated impedance. i.e. each 6x9 speaker is four ohms, it will be seen as two ohms. If you connected the speakers in parallel, you're down to one ohm.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis