Amp/Receiver for Outdoors

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
The wife and I are completely renovating the back yard. We are putting in a pool, extended patio, sod, etc.

Anyways i was thinking of putting in a pair of rock speaker's at the back of the lot facing the house. Behind the 3 chairs, in the rocks. Klipsch AWR-650-SM, or something similar. Running outdoor burial speaker wire 14/2 or 14/4 in the pool trenches to the pool equipment/electrical panel. There is no easy way to run wire to inside my house.

All the pool equipment is 110 power, and wifi based.

My question is this.
What should I use to power the speakers?

An outdoor rated amp, and a chromecast music from ebay?

The equipment will be exposed to the Arizona elements.

Our main source would be cell phones or my pc for now. Maybe switching to something else in the future. My yard is too big to rely on bluetooth.

Thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

Reorx

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I just use a zone on one of my avrs for my outdoor speakers, and just use a pair of speakers without great level demands so the avr's amp is just fine, but I might think about an external amp for multiple speaker/sub setup and for more volume, but I wouldn't want to keep the amp outside particularly. My wifi reaches out there so control of the source is relatively easy (an audio chromecast unit).

Is wiring to your Yamaha 671 possible? Can you control the avr thru an app?

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
U have multiple options and budgets ...
Do U only want audio?
Only stereo audio?
A nice pair of outdoor loudspeakers and stereo amplifier with BlueTooth are inexpensive, and then U can use a iPhone or iPad and stream your music...

Just my $0.02... ;)

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
I just use a zone on one of my avrs for my outdoor speakers, and just use a pair of speakers without great level demands so the avr's amp is just fine, but I might think about an external amp for multiple speaker/sub setup and for more volume, but I wouldn't want to keep the amp outside particularly. My wifi reaches out there so control of the source is relatively easy (an audio chromecast unit).

Is wiring to your Yamaha 671 possible? Can you control the avr thru an app?
Wiring is not possible to the house.
I was thinking about something like a rocketfish. But my HT system is like 100ft away, and it isnt wifi.

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
My wife and mother-in-law just dropped a bomb on me. They want 3 rock speakers LCR, and to setup an outdoor screen, between the trees, and to project from ~60ft away. Plus patio mounted rears.

I guess my scope is changing. /sigh.

So i need a 3 channel wireless amp that i can hook up to a 5 channel receiver. I will build a outdoor box with fans to cool the equipment.

Thanks.

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
Issue resolved, solution found.
Punching a hole in my stucco, and running some 14 awg cable into my master bedroom.

I will put a normal 5.1 receiver in their to handle everything.

Thanks.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis