D

Devatch

Audiophyte
If you hook up an amp to an integrated amp that has pre-out capabilities, will you get the power from both the int. amp and the actual amp, or just the amp?

Thank you

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Devatch said:
If you hook up an amp to an integrated amp that has pre-out capabilities, will you get the power from both the int. amp and the actual amp, or just the amp?

Thank you
Well, if you do not split the pre out, on to the amp and the other leg to the preamps amp section, you get the amp only. But, you need to be careful what you drive with the integrated amp section if you decide to drive that too. No, you cannot run two amps in parallel as I think you are driving at.

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
Some power amps have a pass through. If yours has one you can connect the power section of your integrated by using the pass through on the external power amp to loop back to your integrated. :cool:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

JoeE SP9 said:
Some power amps have a pass through. If yours has one you can connect the power section of your integrated by using the pass through on the external power amp to loop back to your integrated. :cool:

Why would a power amp have this feature? I can see the receiver passing through the digital sections directly to the amp as you posted elsewhere I believe but a stand alone power amp pass through?

Votrax

Votrax

Audioholic
If you have pre-amp outputs they will drive a separate amp along with the integrated amp. I do this with my Sony ES.

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
mtrycrafts said:
Why would a power amp have this feature? I can see the receiver passing through the digital sections directly to the amp as you posted elsewhere I believe but a stand alone power amp pass through?
I speak from personal knowledge of this. I do not know why the manufacturer decided to do this but it was done. I'm sure you can find some reference somewhere on the web for this. No offense, but you seem to know web references for lots of things so I'm sure you could find this one also. :cool:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

JoeE SP9 said:
I speak from personal knowledge of this. I do not know why the manufacturer decided to do this but it was done. I'm sure you can find some reference somewhere on the web for this. No offense, but you seem to know web references for lots of things so I'm sure you could find this one also. :cool:

What amp do you have knowledge on about this pass through?

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
If I remember correctly, it was CinePro. I will check my sources to make sure. Maybe some of the DJ types who use pro sound stuff can remember seeing pass throughs on those amps. :cool:

Votrax

Votrax

Audioholic
The jumpered inputs were more common on the old stereo receivers. They jumpered it so you have the option of running your pre-amp signals out to an EQ and back into the power amp. I've never seen an A/V receiver with all speakers jumpered. Onkyo does this on the left, right, and center channel of their TX-DS989.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

JoeE SP9 said:
If I remember correctly, it was CinePro. I will check my sources to make sure. Maybe some of the DJ types who use pro sound stuff can remember seeing pass throughs on those amps. :cool:

Thanks. I will see if there is anything on line on this at their website ;)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

JoeE SP9 said:

I checked their on line web page and downloaded one of the manuals. I don't see a pass through mode or reference to it.

I do see their claim for "the sound will dramatically improve over the first 100 hrs."

And, about back EMF.

Both are totally off base and belongs in audio rags not in a quality amps manual.

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
I have been checking also. It was not CinePro. I'm still trying to remember what brand the amp was. At the time I thought it was so unusual I do remember asking the DJ what the line pass throughs were for. Answer "Obviously; daisy chaining amps for multiple speaker pairs. As soon as I found out/remember I'll post the results. :cool:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

JoeE SP9 said:
I have been checking also. It was not CinePro. I'm still trying to remember what brand the amp was. At the time I thought it was so unusual I do remember asking the DJ what the line pass throughs were for. Answer "Obviously; daisy chaining amps for multiple speaker pairs. As soon as I found out/remember I'll post the results. :cool:

Put up a new post. This didn't show up bold type and almost passed on.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis