amp for a PC based Dali Rubicon LCR setup

J

justaguy

Audiophyte
Hello everyone,
like so many before me I'm finally throwing in a towel. After dozens of reviews and general tips I realise I need more targeted advice and with listening rooms and hi-fi shops closed during the lockdown this forum seems like a very good alternative.

I have quite a small study (9 sq meters) and with my desk facing one of the walls, my choice of speakers was very limited. I finally opted for wall mounted Dali Rubicon LCR, hoping that although primarily home cinema gear it could provide more than decent stereo sound. I'm an omnivore listening to a wide scope of music, but it's the quiet mostly acoustic jazz / folk / blues / piano where I appreciate a good system most. What would seasoned members of this forum recommend as a fitting amp with an integrated DAC or a DAC / amp combo?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Budget? What else would the amp need to handle besides audio from the computer and how do you want to connect?

J

justaguy

Audiophyte
The speakers cost 2k € and I hoped I could get the rest for under half of that sum, but it might be a wrong starting point (?). I have no problem with buying second hand, I would even go for some vintage gear if it were a good idea for this system.
The system will only need one input, the one from the PC (USB or optical).

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just took a look at those speakers....no sub will be used to support those?

J

justaguy

Audiophyte
I was really after an old school stereo. Unless the speakers turn out to be significantly deficient in this area I'd prefer to stick to it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis