Amir reviews the Affordable Accuracy Monitor

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall

Nice to see Dennis' work go under the microscope and pass with flying colors! Of note, on page 3 the maestro hints towards a new BMR. :cool:

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
@ryanosaur , be sure to read through the thread after the linked review. It is a pretty cool slice of speaker design where one guy (who obviously know a bit about speaker design) is "reverse engineering" some of Dennis Murphy's decision making process!

Nice to see Dennis' work go under the microscope and pass with flying colors! Of note, on page 3 the maestro hints towards a new Super BMR. :cool:
Fixed it for ya!
(from post #55 of the link Kevin provides, if someone wants to go straight to it)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
@ryanosaur , be sure to read through the thread after the linked review. It is a pretty cool slice of speaker design where one guy (who obviously know a bit about speaker design) is "reverse engineering" some of Dennis Murphy's decision making process!

Fixed it for ya!
(from post #55 of the link Kevin provides, if someone wants to go straight to it)
Thanks, KEW, already had a cursory read... been so busy lately with reopening that I’ve had precious little time for the important things. :)
I am very eager to hear Dennis’ impression of the Purifi driver, too. Pricey, though.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
For those that do not want to read through the linked thread (it is growing fast), I thought many are concerned/curious about Dennis Murphy's welfare.
Here is a post he made which I thought should be shared on that count:
I'm not really retired. I just had to get out of the pressures of running a growing business single-handed. With the exception of the last round of BMR's, I had to assemble all of the speakers I sold, including building the crossovers, installing everything, and getting stuff packed up and shipped. I'm still doing lots of crossover work, including all of Jim Salk's designs and custom one-offs. The main difference is that I can sleep at night and I'm not losing money.
(post #76, FWIW)

Last edited:
Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Nice set of compliments and a really great article both about Dennis and what he does. I hope Dennis sticks around for a long time. My Salks (with Dennis work inside) are insane. If I ever need more speakers (the Salks aren't going anywhere) I will look for something with his signature work.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis