R

roodoob

Audioholic Intern
trying " prime" and thinking that the music there, could offset the free pandora acct i use.... 1st off, if anyone really knows ...is there a "better" content , available from amazon? or am i likely to see the same stuff, i already have ...which would make qwesh # 2 unnecessary ...which is ...my Denon AVRX-2200W has pandora = EZ, is there a way to get the new music flowing, as EZ ? or do i jump thru a few hoops; via phone etc ? i like just turning on the receiver and have the music choice right there w/o any other equipment, needed in the foray ...so, no tv, no phones .... the Denon is Not wireless but, ethernet ...so
help !?!

thanx folks

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
trying " prime" and thinking that the music there, could offset the free pandora acct i use.... 1st off, if anyone really knows ...is there a "better" content , available from amazon? or am i likely to see the same stuff, i already have ...which would make qwesh # 2 unnecessary ...which is ...my Denon AVRX-2200W has pandora = EZ, is there a way to get the new music flowing, as EZ ? or do i jump thru a few hoops; via phone etc ? i like just turning on the receiver and have the music choice right there w/o any other equipment, needed in the foray ...so, no tv, no phones .... the Denon is Not wireless but, ethernet ...
You can use HEOS to play streaming Music from AmazonHD.

However, I prefer to stream from my notebook or
iPad as it provides a much better interface for selecting music. I used Amazon HD for a few months but found my Tidal account sounded better on every AB test I did. AmazonHD is $12.99 with Prime while Tidal is $19.99 a month - so I would have preferred Amazon if I couldn't tell a difference.

Kal-El21

Kal-El21

Audioholic Intern
I have both services and tend to gravitate towards Amazon music HD since they offer many songs above 44.1 kHz /16 bit.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I use mostly Spotify and free Pandora. Not about bitrate for me, I use both more for background or finding new-to-me music. Pandora you can't do specific albums so Spotify gets the nod when I want to do that, but both have pretty good algorithms for presenting music based on my tastes. I did trial both Tidal and Qobuz, and would go with Qobuz between those two mostly just based on ease of use altho I've heard Tidal has improved since then. I think overall these days the libraries are probably more similar than different. Haven't tried Amazon, they left a bad taste in my mouth with the way they handled autorips and downloads and such....

R

roodoob

Audioholic Intern
My Denon..does Not have HEOS...don't think the question was answered "specifically" :confused:
i'm guessin that i can Not simply stream amaz content w/o an intermediary device

thanx

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
My Denon..does Not have HEOS...don't think the question was answered "specifically" :confused:
i'm guessin that i can Not simply stream amaz content w/o an intermediary device

thanx
Does the app you're using for Amazon have a casting feature so you could send it to the Denon via wifi/dlna?

Kal-El21

Kal-El21

Audioholic Intern
That receiver has Bluetooth, WiFi & Airplay built-in. If you have an iOS device you should be able to connect with Airplay, not sure how it would work with Android since I have never used one.

"With AirPlay, you can enjoy listing to your favorite tracks wirelessly from your favorite iOS device, including the iPod touch, iPhone and iPad, and the AVR-X2200W"

AVR-X2200W

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
The Amazon firestick will plug in any hdmi port on the AVR. The firestick would be an intermediary device though. :)

R

roodoob

Audioholic Intern
yeah...sort of thought it would not go, w/ my current set-up ... my ipod fills in nicely for when (free) Pandora is not doing it for me ...but, not going to be "buying" additional items, just to use another service that eventually i'd pay for as well

thanx for the info everyone

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis