Amazon Music HD - Thoughts, comparisons

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
I don't think I'd go as far as soul suckingly bad, but I did detect a difference. As a streaming option with a pretty good library it definitely sounds better than their basic and comes close to cd. I probably won't keep it when time comes to start paying for it but I was pleasantly surprised and the library is pretty extensive for my tastes in music.
Well I think I may have found the issue. I had originally installed the app from the Microsoft store. After doing some searching on this issue. I uninstalled the app, then reinstalled it directly from Amazon. I don't why this would or should make a difference, but it definitely did.
However whether or not I prefer this over spotify premium is yet to be determined. Comparing identical tracks one versus the other, I do like the vocals better coming from spotify. But I do like the older tracks on amazon hd, seems to give more spaciousness. So I am now more pleased with the amazon hd than I was originally.

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
So here are my final thoughts on comparing Amazon hd vs Spotify.
1) Amazon HD obviously has more detail and spaciousness over Spotify.
2) The biggest thing I have come to notice is- Spotify is a more upfront presentation and in your face. While the Amazon HD is more laid back and a deeper presentation.
3) Depending on the music style, your speakers and room size-layout. I can see benefits for both streaming services.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Samurai
I’m actually saving money not having to buy CDs anymore. Also it’s easy to have Alexa search.

Latest posts

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis