Amazon Echo-Logitech Harmony Hub-Denon X2000-dvr-ect

L

lewb

Audioholic Intern
I want to get this set up (echo-harmony hub) but before I pull the trigger I want to make sure it work the way I have planned in my mind. Basically the harmony hub will connect to my router which is hard wired to denon via data connection. The hub will connect to the rest of the components via ir. The echo connects to the hub either though the router or ir. So I should be able to run the denon with voice commands with the echo. For instance Alexa turn on denon- play Pandora; Someone has to have done a similar set up I hope.

L

lewb

Audioholic Intern
I got the echo and harmony hub. Basically the harmony hub will connect to any IR controlled device. You just put the model number into the set up and it finds the device in data bank and will connect. The hub is echo compatible, you just need to download two of the harmony skills with your alexa app. I can use alexa to turn on tv and turn to the channels I put in as favorites. With the harmony skill you do not have to say anything other than Alexa turn tv on, Alexa turn on espn, To use for music or movie mode you have to set up each activity with a path, once you have done that you say Alexa tell harmony to watch a movie or tell harmony to turn on Pandora. This will turn on all the equipment for the activity. What harmony cannot do or at least I have not figured it out is having more than one option with an input on the denon. For instance to listen to Pandora which is in the network input, as well as air play or the hard drive. Harmony will not select anything in the network group so you have to use your denon phone app to select Pandora. I have not got any deeper into harmony but I believe there is probably a way to get around this issue. Also I have not figure out a way to turn on Zone 2 with harmony as well. There is no option for zone 2 in the set up path. Same deal I use my denon app to turn on zone 2. My poor mans whole house audio uses a denon Avr1613 to power zone 2 through 7 speaker mono price speaker switch. Before when I was out side I had to go into the house and turn on the zone 2 amp if I wanted to listen to music. With the harmony I can turn on the amp as long as I am connected to the wifi, then turn the Pandora and zone 2 on with my denon app.
I do have an aux blue tooth on the denon, you can connect echo to that and through zone 1 and 2. As long as echo can hear you, you can make command through out the house.

I would have to say I am pleased with set up so far.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I got the echo and harmony hub. Basically the harmony hub will connect to any IR controlled device. You just put the model number into the set up and it finds the device in data bank and will connect. The hub is echo compatible, you just need to download two of the harmony skills with your alexa app. I can use alexa to turn on tv and turn to the channels I put in as favorites. With the harmony skill you do not have to say anything other than Alexa turn tv on, Alexa turn on espn, To use for music or movie mode you have to set up each activity with a path, once you have done that you say Alexa tell harmony to watch a movie or tell harmony to turn on Pandora. This will turn on all the equipment for the activity. What harmony cannot do or at least I have not figured it out is having more than one option with an input on the denon. For instance to listen to Pandora which is in the network input, as well as air play or the hard drive. Harmony will not select anything in the network group so you have to use your denon phone app to select Pandora. I have not got any deeper into harmony but I believe there is probably a way to get around this issue. Also I have not figure out a way to turn on Zone 2 with harmony as well. There is no option for zone 2 in the set up path. Same deal I use my denon app to turn on zone 2. My poor mans whole house audio uses a denon Avr1613 to power zone 2 through 7 speaker mono price speaker switch. Before when I was out side I had to go into the house and turn on the zone 2 amp if I wanted to listen to music. With the harmony I can turn on the amp as long as I am connected to the wifi, then turn the Pandora and zone 2 on with my denon app.
I do have an aux blue tooth on the denon, you can connect echo to that and through zone 1 and 2. As long as echo can hear you, you can make command through out the house.

I would have to say I am pleased with set up so far.
If you look in the setup for the device, it asks if you want to include other zones.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis