Amazon Drops Dolby Vision & Atmos

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I’m likely to cancel before mine renews but might join again if they offer a discount at some point. The higher yearly prime subscription probably isn’t worth it for me. I don’t order enough stuff.

G

George MacDonald

Enthusiast
Another sneak attack are the apps on smart TVs: For example: The Apple Music app on a Samsung (my experience is with a Q70) not only put out ONLY 2 channel music, but, the receiver (a Yamaha TSR-700) refuses to engage ProLogic and treats it as "straight" -- meaning you get only 2 channels playing. To test it I connected an Apple TV to the Samsung smart TV and sent the audio to the receiver via eARC --- and got the full 7 channel audio that Apple calls "Spatial Audio". Both Samsung and Apple deny having any responsibility for the hobbled Apple Music App on the Samsung Smart TV. (Also, although I did not test it, the app on the Samsung TV has no options so it does not have the option of sending lossless audio to the reciever either.) (And also: Yes, the app is up to date!)

P

prerich

Audioholic Intern
Nope....not paying an extra $36 for lossy Atmos - I'll settle for DSU and be satisfied.

D

dmock09

Audiophyte
Has anyone rented an Atmos movie on prime without the 2.99 extra fee. I'm curious if I rent a movie if Atmos is still locked out. That would be pretty messed up. I can kind of understand blocking Atmos on their free content but not if I'm paying for a new release rental.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I dropped amazon music. Making me pay for Prime just for free shipping and the generic versions of their entertainment is just greedy feeling. Jeff Bezos' net worth tells me I am paying too much for Prime and if I don't start buying more stuff soon, it's going bye-bye too. It's worth it if I buy a lot of stuff but not for mostly stand-by now. I fired Alexa from my music at work as well, because she won't play entire albums without prime music.

Ended up trying Spotify and Qobuz in amazon music's place and it just has too much helpy-suggestive (and far out) choices and too much for me to do to make it work like I want it to, and I end up listening to Pandora. I wasn't all too crazy about amazon's music UI either so. . . I just don't have the will or patience to be a software expert around all of these nerd products.

Pandora explores enough for me to find music on and if I need it better SQ, I will buy the CD, like I was before.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
6-7 days sometimes less depending on what you order
This is interesting. Sometimes things qualify for next day shipping and the times I've tried it I was less than impressed. Wrong things sent, not getting here even close to when they say it will, or just not sending the item at all. I figure slower shipping would actually be better since they wont have to rush so much.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
This is interesting. Sometimes things qualify for next day shipping and the times I've tried it I was less than impressed. Wrong things sent, not getting here even close to when they say it will, or just not sending the item at all. I figure slower shipping would actually be better since they wont have to rush so much.
I've had the exact same issue with 1 and 2 day shipping I haven't missed Prime at all since I dropped it

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis