F

friscokid11

Audiophyte
Hello Everyone,

I know they're a few years old now but I've recently been watching a few of Gene Dellasala's YouTube videos in which he says that people don't need to spend hundreds amounts of money on things like Speaker cable and RCA Interconnect cables.

I wanted to email Audioholics directly in order to ask him (assuming that he's still with Audioholics?!) what he thinks of the 'Amazon Basics' range of audio cables.

Unfortunately it's not possible to email Audioholics directly - and I'm not paying for a consult just to ask him a simple question like that!

So the next best thing is to reach out to people to ask whether, like me, they (at least want to) believe that Amazon Basics audio cables are made with the thorough, fundamental knowledge and understanding that modestly-priced, well made cables are all you need and they're aimed at people who understand that and don't fall for all the BS and Snake Oil salesman(and woman)ship.

What do people here think of 'Amazon Basics' Audio Cables? What's your experience with them? Most important of all; what does Gene think of them? Does anyone know what he thinks of them? Has he reviewed any Amazon Basics audio cables.

I look forward to reading people's comments and opinions.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
They should be competent cables. As long as they aren't inflating specs regarding the cables' gauge, they should be OK.

F

friscokid11

Audiophyte
Hi ShadyJ,

Thanks for your reply. I like to think that Amazon Basics wouldn't inflate cable specs as the range seems to be a response to cables which have over-inflated specs and prices.

F

friscokid11

Audiophyte
Hi ShadyJ,

Thanks for your reply. I like to think that Amazon Basics wouldn't inflate cable specs as the range seems to be a response to cables which have over-inflated specs and prices.
Also; it seems I was wrong about not being able to contact Audioholics directly. I found a Contact Form on the website, which I used. So unless I inadvertently contacted the website administrator, it IS possible to send a message to Audioholics!

jinjuku

jinjuku

Blue Jeans Cable is specialty vendor of Audio Interconnects without the pricing. You'll know you'll get competently built and spec'd gear.

F

friscokid11

Audiophyte
Thanks jinjuku,

Yes, I'm aware of Blue Jeans Cables. I'm looking into them.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks jinjuku,

Yes, I'm aware of Blue Jeans Cables. I'm looking into them.
Redco Audio is another source for cables. They are located in Stratford, CT. They carry popular cable brands and a wide assortment of connectors.

Several years ago, I ordered some RCA to XLR interconnects from them. They did a professional job with the assembly of several cables, and at reasonable cost.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
World's Best Cables seem to be well built and they use name brand cable (Like Canare and Beldon). I dislike the name but have these in my system and I'm happy with them. Available in many configurations on Amazon.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I use Amazon Basics for some interconnects, they're fine. I think I have seen that Amazon Basics does have some speaker wire that is only CCA (copper clad aluminum) so probably would bypass that. Overall, functional but there are cables that might be considered better in terms of components/connectors//construction. Mediabridge is another brand at Amazon that I've had good results from.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis