D

dem beats

Senior Audioholic
OK so I have had my HT set up for a while now.
Energy rc 50's up front
rcr
and rc 10's in the back.

I have only spent time watching movies which gets better day in day out. adjusting the speaker placement here and there. so on so forth. I will be doing treatments soon... well for the first time I sat and listened to music. I hauled the laptop and external hard drive downstairs and just wanted to relax.
WOW

after severely adjusting the toe in, I was completely shocked at how amazing it sounded. I didn't expect it to be that good. I completely fell in love with music again. I found myself scrambling around looking for CD's with acoustic music, to get that amazing imaging, jack johnson does particularly well, some blues and jazz. I even pulled out the beatles.... and I hated the beatles. It really was like hearing music again for the first time the bass was felt in my chest not boomy but it hit you, even older recordings Frank and the likes.

I was completely floored. I found myself listening for a few hours unintentionaly in a daze scrambling for music. the only downside is the computer is not near the listenign area so i kept having to get up and hunch over to make a new playlist etc. I will have to get some type of media box to make this easy because I see myself listening to music at home again. I was only into it for the HT but the pure joy of hearing that music was overwhelming. When I was a kid I would turn the volume down on my "cool" aiwa speakers and get real real close so I could hear everynote of music, bands like Dave Matthews and Hendrix amazed me with what they could do with music and production and the small things I know everyone else missed, but now, I can have it across the room create this amazing image in my mind of the sound and I was BLOWN away by the folume and force that came through. If I could say something negative if a recording was quieter than the others for a broader dynamic range, it lost some bass extension when I edged closer to 0 DB. It wasn't evident, I don't know if it's clipping, I'm not familiar but I did notice when I turned the receiver up, something in the bass real went away or maybe the highs just got higher.... either way it wasn't enough to make me stop listening, most tracks that level was much much too loud anyway. Just certain classical peices etc.

Anyway I needed to rant and share with everyone my re-found love for music.

It was in incredible experience and solidified my firm beleif I made a great choice for speakers. I would say they come pretty dang close to the NHT classic 3(or 4) for imaging which is the BEST I have heard for non planar/ribbon.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Cool, huh? There is no comparison to the sq of well-placed good equipment. Speaking of Hendrix, I played my Nine to the Universe album so much back in the day that it started to show signs of wear. So my friend doownloaded it to a cd so as to save the vinyl. Jammin!

D

dem beats

Senior Audioholic
I have never been so happy with a purchase save my 02 CBR 954

that was 10k though... so yeah!

I could use a seperate amp real real bad, but I shouldn't complain too much. I is just insane I can't wait to put in some Genesis peter gabriel and the likes later. Acoustic really shines though. It's INSANE hearing a guitar and a guy. I literaly feel like the voice is comming from above the guitar. It's just crazy. There is/was a band called dogs eye view I LOVED while growing up, and I threw them on and it just blew me apart....

Oh well... I just had to let it out. not everyone feels the same abotu music. It's really a big part of how I can relax and this has reminded me just how much it does affect and mean to me.

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
I have never been so happy with a purchase save my 02 CBR 954

that was 10k though... so yeah!

I could use a seperate amp real real bad, but I shouldn't complain too much. I is just insane I can't wait to put in some Genesis peter gabriel and the likes later. Acoustic really shines though. It's INSANE hearing a guitar and a guy. I literaly feel like the voice is comming from above the guitar. It's just crazy. There is/was a band called dogs eye view I LOVED while growing up, and I threw them on and it just blew me apart....

Oh well... I just had to let it out. not everyone feels the same abotu music. It's really a big part of how I can relax and this has reminded me just how much it does affect and mean to me.
That's one hell of a bike. I have the same one and I love it!!!!:D. Too bad that the engine gave up the ghost on mine due to poor mechanical attention....I took it to the same dealer I bought the bike from to have it serviced but I guess they didn't even bother to do what they were supposed to do (valve adjustment at 16,000). I had this friend of mine who's a mechanic, he tore the engine apart and it became obvious to him that they never adjusted anything, so now I have a pristine bike with a f...d up engine, ain't that a b...h. Sorry about that but every time I think about it, I get mad:mad:, so I have to vent my frustrations.

And yes...you're right, nothing like good music to calm down...especially jazz, ie: Tord Gustavssen Trio.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I even pulled out the beatles.... and I hated the beatles.
Good show, dem beats! Nothing beats good zoundz.

I'm glad there are two of us in the universe that feel the same about those goofy Beatles. :)

You'll like your treatments when you get them up, too. Let us know when that happens.

D

dem beats

Senior Audioholic
Good show, dem beats! Nothing beats good zoundz.

I'm glad there are two of us in the universe that feel the same about those goofy Beatles. :)

You'll like your treatments when you get them up, too. Let us know when that happens.
I was pretty sure that coment was going to get me destroyed by flamethrowers lol.

I have to admit on these speaks in 2 channel, well I see why they were "geneious" at least for the time. I always like the beach boys.. Yes I admit it.. :p

I keep meaning to put up pictures in the pics section. I just got the deal of a lifetime on sound dampening foam... FREE. It's industrial uber grad from a friend who's company goes through it in pallats for his work with extreme sound. His job is to blast objects with sound untill the break, over and over. Not a bad gig especialy considering how much he makes!

The only issue with the putting up of pics and treatments is I dont' even know how much longer I will have the receiver and what will change soon. I've been working with the shop I got my gear from and they keep telling me they will send someone out, as they don't understand why i'm having issues.... It's been 2 weeks but it's free of charge so I would be hard pressed to complain they could leave me high and dry.. they would just then have to worry about a 6'2 300 pound man waiting at the door to politely ask why I haven't received resolution in front of every huge whale customer. Retail is beautiful for that reason.

Last edited:
D

dem beats

Senior Audioholic
That's one hell of a bike. I have the same one and I love it!!!!:D. Too bad that the engine gave up the ghost on mine due to poor mechanical attention....I took it to the same dealer I bought the bike from to have it serviced but I guess they didn't even bother to do what they were supposed to do (valve adjustment at 16,000). I had this friend of mine who's a mechanic, he tore the engine apart and it became obvious to him that they never adjusted anything, so now I have a pristine bike with a f...d up engine, ain't that a b...h. Sorry about that but every time I think about it, I get mad:mad:, so I have to vent my frustrations.

And yes...you're right, nothing like good music to calm down...especially jazz, ie: Tord Gustavssen Trio.
:weeps for your loss:

my baby went over the top 6 mo after I got her. Took almost 2 years to get her running. Now it's sweet though front fairing is audi white(which has the smallest drop of light blue, un noticable but sets it up for....) with a nice blue pear coat on top. The tank is a thick coat of chamelion paint, which I need to redo now after I have had it. 2 chemical bubbles and someone keyed it pluss zipper/belt buckle scratches....

I feel you about disrepair. I need to get a new front tire myself it's almost unridable but I'm not doing any cornering it's my daily driver in the summer, and I'm mighty broke as of recent. I think I just lost 800 on a buisness venture... so yeah.

Anyway, for tunes Jazz is ok, but classic rock really makes me go wild. On burbon, one scotch, one beer.... etc.

I also have been a big fan of diana krall l8ly

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I was pretty sure that coment was going to get me destroyed by flamethrowers lol.
I always like the beach boys.. Yes I admit it.. :p
LOL, there is a thread somewhere in the archives concerning this. I'm with you, brother. The Beach Boys were rock in those days. I said that the Beatles did some nice little "pop music for the female gum chewers" and got hosed with the flamethrowers. :eek: ;)

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
LOL, there is a thread somewhere in the archives concerning this. I'm with you, brother. The Beach Boys were rock in those days. I said that the Beatles did some nice little "pop music for the female gum chewers" and got hosed with the flamethrowers. :eek: ;)
Make me number 3, I just don't care about the flamethrowers!:D

M

MrTrash

Audiophyte
I absolutely LOVE The Beatles but that's just me. It's usually when I try to point out the pure genius of Frank Zappa on "We're Only In It For The Money" that I feel the flames building up. The flames get hotter when I profess my love for The Monkees "Headquaters" and by the time I get to Joni Mitchell's "Court and Spark" I'm nearly cooked!

I can't believe my drummer hates James Taylor. Why is it that my wife hates Iron Maiden? What is it about Brian Wilson that chases my cat out of the room?

Screw it. We love what we love for some otherworldly reason that no one will ever figure out and I think that's great! I hear crap on the radio sometimes that makes my brain itch but just when I'm thinking to myself "either change the station or drive nails through my eardrums" one of my daughters yells "hey dad, could you turn that up?!" Hah...Hanah Montana be damned...I'm going home to pour a glass of Barefoot Zinfandel and listen to Pretzel Logic! (hehe)

D

dem beats

Senior Audioholic
I absolutely LOVE The Beatles but that's just me. It's usually when I try to point out the pure genius of Frank Zappa on "We're Only In It For The Money" that I feel the flames building up. The flames get hotter when I profess my love for The Monkees "Headquaters" and by the time I get to Joni Mitchell's "Court and Spark" I'm nearly cooked!

I can't believe my drummer hates James Taylor. Why is it that my wife hates Iron Maiden? What is it about Brian Wilson that chases my cat out of the room?

Screw it. We love what we love for some otherworldly reason that no one will ever figure out and I think that's great! I hear crap on the radio sometimes that makes my brain itch but just when I'm thinking to myself "either change the station or drive nails through my eardrums" one of my daughters yells "hey dad, could you turn that up?!" Hah...Hanah Montana be damned...I'm going home to pour a glass of Barefoot Zinfandel and listen to Pretzel Logic! (hehe)
I Like this guy!!!

Beatles did some amazing stuff with sound no doubts.. but boy I never even apreciated it untill i heard it on a good set of speaks.

:turns up big big girl in a big big world and sings out the front door:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis