gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>This wire is included in part II. &nbsp;Incidentally it is the highest capacitance cable I have ever measured. &nbsp;Stay tuned...</font>

inmypjs

inmypjs

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>It's interesting that the most expensive cable (Stealth) came out last. &nbsp;It goes to show that expensive does not necessarily mean high-end. &nbsp;However, was the difference in the measurements actually audible? &nbsp;I am curious as to what other speaker wire will you be testing in the face off because I'd like to see how the Cobalt Cable Ultimate (the best one from the first part) fare against other budget to mid-priced speaker wires as enumerated below:

DH Labs (T-14 &amp; Q-10)
Bettercables (Premium II &amp; Blue Truth)
QED (Silver Anniversary)
Nordost (Solar Wind &amp; Blue Heaven)
Monster (Z2 Reference)
Signal Cable (Double-run Single-wire)
Analysis Plus (Oval 12 &amp; Oval 9)
Electrofluidics (Monolith 2020)
Axiom Audio (provided in your sneak peek)

And what is this cable that I found from the Audioholics product staff reviews? &nbsp;They look like Sound King with connectors.

http://www.avcable.com/Merchan....de=Spkr

Thanks!</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>Audibility of different cables depends on how the particular cable metrics impact the equipment being interfaced, and the sensitivity of the listeners hearing. &nbsp;

For example, high capacitance cables can cause one of two things:
1) Frequency peaking (can cause brightness)
2) Amplifier instability (can cause amplifier to shut off, oscillate, mitigate noise, all of which may actually not be audible, except for shutting off of course)

There is also the rare case when an amplifier with a high output impedance such as a tube amp, where premature roll off becomes eminent causing a warming or dulling of sound.

Our objectives in the Cable face offs is not to subjectively tell you how the cables sound with our equipment, but to illustrate how they measure and may impact the end user based on the parameters listed above.

Somewhere down the road, we may conduct DBT cable testing with a panel of listeners if the demand for doing so is high enough.</font>

inmypjs

inmypjs

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
gene : This wire is included in part II.  Incidentally it is the highest capacitance cable I have ever measured.  Stay tuned...
According to Alpha-Core they are aware of the high capacitance of their cable so they provide a free &quot;RC link&quot; to remedy that problem:

http://www.alphacore.com/mifaq.html#stability

&quot;Our remedy is to place a resistive load across the speaker terminals, which becomes effective at frequencies well above the audible range. Tests have shown that a 0.1 microfarad capacitor in series with a 10 ohm resistor will do the trick if applied across the speaker terminals. The combination “RC Link” also called a Zobel network, is supplied free of charge by Alpha-Core to be applied when needed.&quot;</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis