ALL ADVISE, BEST U.S. Made Speakers

M

MusicWarrior

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Here's a GOOD Topic for anyone who can advise on whom manufacture's the BEST Speaker in the U.S.A.
&nbsp; Building a REAL HTS...have a pair of Recievers 2 pair's of speaker's and a Sub, but will need more. Went to several A/V Retail Outlet's to purchase and Compare....after 5 AV Reciever's - Yamaha held fast, Speaker's (of what there was to compare to) NONE could compare to the Cerwin Vega's...even through every A/V in each store.
&nbsp; Now with that said I tend to like CV not just of sound but more importantly to me they are American Made, will consider anything except Asain ie. China, Korea, Maylasia (yeah I know the Yamaha) perfer MADE IN THE USA.THE QUESTION, WHO MAKE'S THE HIGHEST QUALITY SPEAKER in the U.S.???
Music Warrior</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
MusicWarrior : Here's a GOOD Topic for anyone who can advise on whom manufacture's the BEST Speaker in the U.S.A.
&nbsp; Building a REAL HTS...have a pair of Recievers 2 pair's of speaker's and a Sub, but will need more. Went to several A/V Retail Outlet's to purchase and Compare....after 5 AV Reciever's - Yamaha held fast, Speaker's (of what there was to compare to) NONE could compare to the Cerwin Vega's...even through every A/V in each store.
&nbsp; Now with that said I tend to like CV not just of sound but more importantly to me they are American Made, will consider anything except Asain ie. China, Korea, Maylasia (yeah I know the Yamaha) perfer MADE IN THE USA.THE QUESTION, WHO MAKE'S THE HIGHEST QUALITY SPEAKER in the U.S.???
Music Warrior
Don't know about the best but Cambers are made in the US and sound pretty good especially with Yamaha amps as they share almost the same charecteristics of Yamaha speakers.

The Laser 7 is a good one to get. Also Magnepan are the best made in the US planar speakers, have the sweetest sound and compliments your Yamaha amp pretty well. They are made in Minnesota.

Check them out at www.magnepan.com

I fully reccomend them over any other US made speakers.</font>

E

elkano

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Warrior;

I bought for Christmas a pair of AAD (American Acoustic Development) C-800i. &nbsp;Check-out their website at www.aadsound.com. &nbsp;The 800's sound simply great with deep and strong bass, very clear mid's and sharp high. &nbsp;I am using a Yamaha RX-V3300. &nbsp;Definitely they are worth auditioning. &nbsp;I paid $850.00 a pair.

elkano</font>

R

RTPBob

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>BEST...???  Depends on how you measure &quot;best&quot;.  Best overall sound or best sound for the $$?  In the best sound for the $$, I think Magnepan would have to be in anyone's top 5 lists.  And some would put them in the top 5 for overall sound.</font>

M

MusicWarrior

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Thank's so very much to everyone for the advise! It's a &quot;Old&quot; but good habit picked up over the year's to get input and research before committing to a significant purchase. Have looked at the Magnepan's, RBH, AAD but still searching for the Camber's and Laser7. The &quot;Magnepan's&quot; are very unique...if they are what I'm thinking - the sonic reproduction of the Mid-range and Hi's are truely un-believable (have a 12&quot; Sub&quot;) so they would make a nice &quot;music&quot; together espeacially when it come's to all but eliminating harmonic distortion. Now don't laugh if I'm wrong....is this design similar to the old Linaeum Di-Pole that help make Radio Shack's lil PRO LX5's sound half way decent? Think year's ago Pioneer HPM 150 used a di-pole? if so I' m familar with it and have PUSHED the pair extremely hard with my Yamaha R-V1105 (never maxed out though).....hearing was subjected to enough extra, extra LOUD music at a Ted Nugent's concert in Mobile, Al. in 1979 where he got Banned for LIFE. Imprinted by a &quot;Sonic Blast&quot; if it could be defined as that, a MadMan swinging off 6' tall Fender amp's is hard to forget.
&nbsp;The AAD's, RBH and Paradigm all have impressive spec's but the real test of actually hearing them will be the next task.
The Magnepan's - are they a heavy (physical weight), reason being placement could be greatly improved.
Thank you much,
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Christopher M.</font>

B

bfedwards

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>lord helmet sequerra ( www.sequerra.com) and ed frias (efespkrs@aol.com) make quite musical speakers for you to sample. Engineered and built in the USA.</font>

B

ballhwi

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Best is, indeed, a relative measure.  However, I can't think of any speakers that could sound better, or be more American, than ones you build yourself (kits).  You'll get much more &quot;bang for your buck&quot; and be able to customize the sound to match your environment.  Most HT units can be built over a weekend.  Try www.madisound.com and ask for Larry.

Bill Ballhorn
&quot;Take my advice, don't listen to me.&quot;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis