A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Yeah. There is nothing really new. Same old stuffs, different crew.
If you seen one chestbuster you seen them all.

The thing I dislike with the new reboot Alien films is the sets designs with all these transparent 3d touchscreens, it just doesn't keep in with style of the late 70's into early 90's with CRT screens. It just looks odd um, sigh, and puts me totally off these reboots so they don't match up with rest of Alien films, bloody leave them alone, fed up with chest-milk-busting the franchise.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Watched Covenant last night. Yes, story felt a bit too familiar for the series, though I did still like it (I guess I have a soft spot for this series lol). On the fence about the implications it has on the series now that we are coming full circle on it. I find it interesting how he is tying it all in, but not sure I like that concept. While the reveal of the whole story arc was a bit unexpected, the ending of this one seemed very telegraphed and expected. So what will the third prequel give us? This one comes closer to bridging us to Alien, so is this the colony that ends up being the unfortunate subject of Aliens? (yes it is listed as pre-production right now).

Audio and visuals were very good on this one, even if the film was relatively slow.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My take on this Alien series - God created Humans and Engineers.

The Engineers didn't like competition of Humans, so they created the Alien monsters to destroy humans.

Humans created Androids to help them.

Aliens killed all the Engineers (thanks to the android David).

Now David wants the Aliens to also kill all the humans.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My take on the series: Don't these people ever learn?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
My take on the series: Don't these people ever learn?
Right?! If I were on another planet and saw a vagina snake (Prometheus) next to puddles of black goo I would not get right up face to face with it, nor would I even attempt to touch the black goo! Dumbest scientists ever.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Right?! If I were on another planet and saw a vagina snake (Prometheus) next to puddles of black goo I would not get right up face to face with it, nor would I even attempt to touch the black goo! Dumbest scientists ever.
Yep. I see something that looks like a 3 foot egg, I am not really interested in finding out what laid it or what is in it. LOL David said it in this film too: "You know what they say about curiosity..."

OK so here is one from this one: They make the comment that despite the planet being able to support life, there are no obvious life forms of any kind. That should be a HUGE clue, duh.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Do you guys think it is possible to have an intelligent writer for this franchise any time soon? :)

I think "Pitch Black" was so much better. :D

H

Huey645

Audioholic

The Engineers didn't like competition of Humans, so they created the Alien monsters to destroy humans.

[/QUOTE

Interesting take on why the Engineers wanted to kill humans. I know I'm late to the party, but just saw this the other day.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I didn't like the ending of Prometheus, when that Monstoooor! :eek: sat on his face I had bad dreams for weeks after watching that movie!:oops:

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Just saw this thread yesterday and realized I hadn’t seen the movie yet. Not real excited about how they killed the Engineers. Plus there’s no engineers technology, just empty caves, doesn’t make any sense. Lastly this final alien put Sigourney Weaver after these movies not before.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
Just saw this thread yesterday and realized I hadn’t seen the movie yet. Not real excited about how they killed the Engineers. Plus there’s no engineers technology, just empty caves, doesn’t make any sense. Lastly this final alien put Sigourney Weaver after these movies not before.
Yes, this movie takes place before the original movies and shows that the android created the Alien from the originals.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis