AKG K 271 MK II Unboxing

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
The Box

First Peek

Contents

Headphones with 3m 1/8" cable, additional velvet earpads, additional 5m balanced coiled cable, 1/8" to 1/4" adapter.

Side

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
These headphones have a superb mid to upper midrange. Perfect for using as reference for speech and natural sounding vocals. I can see why many studios use these headphones. No boomy mess present in the bass and midbass which you find with a lot of so called studio cans. For a linear headphone such as these, their best attribute is they scale so well with increasing volume. What I can compare them opposite to is Grado or Alessandro headphones. Grados sound very detailed at lower volumes, but as you increase the volume they become bright and fatiguing. With the 271 the composure remains the same as you increase volume. No listener fatigue at all.

B

Boerd

Full Audioholic
These headphones have a superb mid to upper midrange. Perfect for using as reference for speech and natural sounding vocals. I can see why many studios use these headphones. No boomy mess present in the bass and midbass which you find with a lot of so called studio cans. For a linear headphone such as these, their best attribute is they scale so well with increasing volume. What I can compare them opposite to is Grado or Alessandro headphones. Grados sound very detailed at lower volumes, but as you increase the volume they become bright and fatiguing. With the 271 the composure remains the same as you increase volume. No listener fatigue at all.
Congrats man!
I feel sooo much better I am not the only one spending on (relatively) expensive cans :p:rolleyes: ...
Are they comfortable? I think that's very important too. What source do you use?
They are 55 ohms - correct? That makes them iPod friendly :)

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Congrats man!
I feel sooo much better I am not the only one spending on (relatively) expensive cans :p:rolleyes: ...
Are they comfortable? I think that's very important too. What source do you use?
They are 55 ohms - correct? That makes them iPod friendly :)
They are very comfortable for a closed headphone. The 271 don't clamp on the head like the Sony 7506/v6, Shure 440/840 or Audio Technica M50. They sound more like an open headphone which is superb attribute to have since they are sealed.

Yes, you can power them off of portable devices. My reference portable devices are the Sansa Clip+ and Cowon D2+. An iPod should work fine as well. They have a fairly low impedance at 55ohms, however they are insensitive for headphones with a 91 db SPl/V so they can get marginally better with a good headphone amp.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Very nice!

These are what I want. Gotta save up some $$.
I take it you are musician? You will love these cans for percussion. These are bulletproof studio headphones. They also have a neat auto-mute feature, so when you take the headphones off your head it mutes them so they do not pollute the mics.

For casual music listening they are excellent.

L

LegitDrummer

Enthusiast
I take it you are musician? You will love these cans for percussion. These are bulletproof studio headphones. They also have a neat auto-mute feature, so when you take the headphones off your head it mutes them so they do not pollute the mics.

For casual music listening they are excellent.
Yeah, I do recording, play along, and lots of live performance.

I can get these for an awesome price too.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis