Airplay help needed

S

Sean007

Audiophyte
Hello all. This may be a simple fix however it’s frustrating so please help. I have a Denon s730h. All works well but suddenly when using airplay from my phone or iPad, the meta data such as track info, etc no longer is being displayed on my tv. I have not made any changes so I am puzzled. I have also noticed that the volume can no longer be adjusted from either device. Only the receiver remote. Any ideas as to a fix?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sometimes a simple soft reset (unplugging the avr for a while) can help.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Mine tweaks out sometimes too with my airport express, but usually a restart of my phone fixes it.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Apple constantly updates firmware on their phone and integrated apps. If you update any firmware, or have auto-updates setup, then Apple is perfectly happy to change things up a bit which reduces compatibility.

Then Denon needs to put out a firmware update to correct the issue.

I have seen this happen a few times with installations that worked perfectly when I leave, but develop 'issues' along the way. When I research it (Google) the issue often is related to Denon needing to send a firmware update to address the updated changes from Apple and others.

Make sure your receiver has the latest firmware in it, and check Denon's website for a list of any known issues that they are trying to fix. At some point Denon just has to stop addressing the constant changes that Apple and others put out.

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
I have seen this happen a few times with installations that worked perfectly when I leave, but develop 'issues' along the way.
Man, one of THE most frustrating things about our line of work. You can test, test, and re-test to make sure your installation is totally bullet-proof. Then SOMEBODY has to push an update that goes and fouls something up. Kinda makes me miss the good ol' days before everything was connected to the internet.

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hello all. This may be a simple fix however it’s frustrating so please help. I have a Denon s730h. All works well but suddenly when using airplay from my phone or iPad, the meta data such as track info, etc no longer is being displayed on my tv. I have not made any changes so I am puzzled. I have also noticed that the volume can no longer be adjusted from either device. Only the receiver remote. Any ideas as to a fix?
Just wait it out. Either the Airplay, Apple, or Receiver updates are buggy. My experience suggests in just a few days if enough folks post discovery about the bug it will be fixed. Absolutely do nothing to your iPhone or Receiver's settings. If you do, you will not be in sync when the bug is fixed and you will need to reset everything. Be patient.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Why are you bothering with AirPlay and not using the HEOS app?

S

sterling shoote

Apple constantly updates firmware on their phone and integrated apps. If you update any firmware, or have auto-updates setup, then Apple is perfectly happy to change things up a bit which reduces compatibility.

I have seen this happen a few times with installations that worked perfectly when I leave, but develop 'issues' along the way. When I research it (Google) the issue often is related to Denon needing to send a firmware update to address the updated changes from Apple and others.

Make sure your receiver has the latest firmware in it, and check Denon's website for a list of any known issues that they are trying to fix. At some point Denon just has to stop addressing the constant changes that Apple and others put out.
Nope, if there is a point that Denon does not keep up with Apple and/or Microsoft they're toast. It's over. There is a solution to it all however just reject it all. Buy a turntable, and stereo receiver or integrated amp, maybe go with a preamp, power amp and FM tuner, add an Airport EXpress for wireless from iPhone and you're done. Relax, no more worry about setting anything up, no more learning 300 page manual content. Yeah, man, that's the ticket. Can you feel it brother?:cool:

highfigh

highfigh

I saw that Denon has an update available, but when I called CI support, they were freaking closed! I called Denon Tech support and was supposed to receive a call, but that never happened. Pretty pissed and will be calling to bend the ear of someone who can do something about this on Monday, but not going to do the update until I know more about it.

Denon (and the others) aren't always informed about updates from the company that causes their pieces to stop working. The lack of cooperation and communication in this industry is appalling.

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
The lack of cooperation and communication in this industry is appalling.
Hahaha. Gotta love when there's a widespread problem that you see across multiple customers with the same product, and you see tons of chatter in the forums about said problem, but when you call for support, they're like "We haven't heard of that issue." SURE you haven't. :rolleyes:

We had a string of bad RTI batteries for a while. Ended up that they had a bad batch of them that effected a particular range of manufacturing dates. They refused to admit there was a widespread issue to the very end. BUT at least they were awesome in just sending us replacement units right away with zero hassle, so that's good. Other companies you have to fight tooth and nail for any help. Makes me love the smaller companies, that's for sure. No room for a lack of communication when you can talk to the product designer themselves!!! At least those guys are keenly interested in helping you resolve the issue, which in turn helps them resolve any flaws in their product in the process.

highfigh

highfigh

Hahaha. Gotta love when there's a widespread problem that you see across multiple customers with the same product, and you see tons of chatter in the forums about said problem, but when you call for support, they're like "We haven't heard of that issue." SURE you haven't. :rolleyes:

We had a string of bad RTI batteries for a while. Ended up that they had a bad batch of them that effected a particular range of manufacturing dates. They refused to admit there was a widespread issue to the very end. BUT at least they were awesome in just sending us replacement units right away with zero hassle, so that's good. Other companies you have to fight tooth and nail for any help. Makes me love the smaller companies, that's for sure. No room for a lack of communication when you can talk to the product designer themselves!!! At least those guys are keenly interested in helping you resolve the issue, which in turn helps them resolve any flaws in their product in the process.
Easy access to free batteries IS their admission- URC had the same problems.

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
Easy access to free batteries IS their admission- URC had the same problems.
Haha. That's what I've always thought. I wish more manufacturers would just admit when there's an issue so we can work on resolving the issue together as well as improving their product at the same time. There have been some I've worked with that have no problem admitting there is an issue, appreciate the honest feedback, and will actually take swift action to resolve it. Again, it's usually the smaller companies that are like that. Unparalleled product support.

2channel lover

Agree with post #2...from my experience, Airplay is not the most staple platform...sometimes you have to reset it. Hopefully that works.

Try the Denon ipad app...I use the Marantz version over wifi...not perfecto, but more stable than Airplay in my house.

highfigh

highfigh

Haha. That's what I've always thought. I wish more manufacturers would just admit when there's an issue so we can work on resolving the issue together as well as improving their product at the same time. There have been some I've worked with that have no problem admitting there is an issue, appreciate the honest feedback, and will actually take swift action to resolve it. Again, it's usually the smaller companies that are like that. Unparalleled product support.

When ATT went to a fully digital cell phone system, I had to change my phone and hte one they were shoving down peoples' throats was the Motorola Razr. I HATED THAT POS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to their store and told the little dweeb that I wanted a phone that I could read in bright light, hear in a noisy environment, wouldn't drop calls and that I don't care about gaming, watching TV or movies and all of the other crap that's so trendy.

Strike three- failed on all counts. I went back and told him how well it was working and I reminded him what I had asked for and said that he sold me a phone for people to be hip & trendy. He swapped the phone and I left, but the performance was basically the same. I had terrible problems with it and at one point, I called tech support while I was on my way to the ATT store- I decided to stand outside because they don't need a disgruntled customer talking to tech support about the terrible phone. A few minutes into the call, it dropped. While I was standing still. A block from one cell site and a mile from another. She looked into the settings and told me that it hadn't even been set up correctly. That didn't surprise me, at all. She made some changes and it was a little better, but it still sucked. The whole time I had that POS, ATT denied that they had problems with that phone but once it was no longer in their product mix, they easily admitted it.

A friend got the same phone from his brother in law, who worked at Motorola at the time and his worked flawlessly. Never had problems and it had features that ATT didn't. I said it may be a somewhat different feature package and the BIL said they were all capable of the same things, but the provider keeps or deletes what they want. He was using Verizon.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis