Airplay connectivity problems

Love4sound

Love4sound

Enthusiast
I used to connect my iPhone 7 using airplay and listen to music. Recently I am unable to connect and receive an error message as unable to connect to Denon 2400. I have done avr reset and also changed my mobile recently to iPhone XR. In airplay the Denon avr is detected but not connecting . Firmware up to date in both mobile and avr

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I have this once in awhile. It seems like it helps if I start the music before connecting. Then swipe down control center and touch the strange round button and connect to my Marantz. It even turns on my AVR that way. Sometimes I have to restart my phone, also XR. These are rare occasions as it works really well in general.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I used to connect my iPhone 7 using airplay and listen to music. Recently I am unable to connect and receive an error message as unable to connect to Denon 2400. I have done avr reset and also changed my mobile recently to iPhone XR. In airplay the Denon avr is detected but not connecting . Firmware up to date in both mobile and avr
Has your network changed in any way?

Reboot your network and see if it helps.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I’ve had this too, mostly from my computer to my Marantz. I usually have to quit out of iTunes, or power cycle the Marantz... it seems to help if I have the Marantz on and idling for a moment before trying to stream. Mind, I am also hardwired via Ethernet through my hub.
I noticed mine start happening a lot more frequently after one of the last couple updates from Apple.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I had this issue all the time when I was using AirPlay with any of my Denon.

Now I use MusicCast on my Yamaha. Same house, same network. MusicCast has been working 100% for me.

Love4sound

Love4sound

Enthusiast
Thanks for the response everyone. Only thing I haven’t tried is connecting my avr to lan. I haven’t done any changes to the network. Suddenly it stopped connecting.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks for the response everyone. Only thing I haven’t tried is connecting my avr to lan. I haven’t done any changes to the network. Suddenly it stopped connecting.
I really think it’s a bug in the AirPlay protocols when connecting to the receiver. I would definitely hardwire the connection, regardless... and then hope for an eventual fix in AirPlay. *shrugs

Love4sound

Love4sound

Enthusiast
Well I tried With Ethernet cable and now it connects. Ty all :)

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Not sure on Denon but probably only lets you get a 128 max bitrate if you airplay direct. I know that’s how my 2016 Yamaha is at least. I airplay to my Apple TV 4K which is HDMI to my AVR so my bitrate won’t be limited lower than what I’m paying for with the streaming service.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis