Aircom T10 Cooling Fan

GuitarPicker

GuitarPicker

Junior Audioholic
I finally received the AC Infinity Aircom T10 cooling fan yesterday and installed it on top of my Marantz SR7013. It really matches the Marantz well and looks like it's a part of the AVR. I watched a review by Youthman and he was discussing fan noise and he liked the fan setting at level 2. If I run it a level 2 the temp will get around 88-90 degrees and that's not really pushing the volume. I've researched what is the optimal temperature your receiver should run and for the most part I see the recommendation at 85 degrees but there seems to be no published information from D&M about that subject. I'm also wondering how do you turn this thing off without manually having to press the function button on the front of the unit? It would be nice if they would have included a remote.

bears_t2

bears_t2

Junior Audioholic
I run mine at 86 in smart mode. Ive only seen it kick in on high once and it went to like 90. Most times it runs when the unit is on is like 83. The only time I really hear it is when its quiet after a movie at high volume. I think its a GREAT unit and well worth the cost.In smart mode I think once it cool down to like 78 I don't believe the fans run. Or at least I haven't hear them. I just leave it on all the time.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I finally received the AC Infinity Aircom T10 cooling fan yesterday and installed it on top of my Marantz SR7013. It really matches the Marantz well and looks like it's a part of the AVR. I watched a review by Youthman and he was discussing fan noise and he liked the fan setting at level 2. If I run it a level 2 the temp will get around 88-90 degrees and that's not really pushing the volume. I've researched what is the optimal temperature your receiver should run and for the most part I see the recommendation at 85 degrees but there seems to be no published information from D&M about that subject. I'm also wondering how do you turn this thing off without manually having to press the function button on the front of the unit? It would be nice if they would have included a remote.
When I bought my new Denon x4300w AVR two years ago I wanted to make sure it stayed cool and calm. I don't know that I ever had heat issues with my old Denon, but, I wanted to make sure I didn't have them with the new one. So, I bought an Aircom Infinity S9. Hands down a great product. Dead quiet. Runs when it needs to, doesn't when it doesn't.

The S10 is a front exhaust unit. The S9 is a top exhaust. That didn't make any difference to me then, and wouldn't now either. The T series like you mention here seems to have more stuff on the front panel. I don't look at that as a positive. It means a more distracting faceplate when you're just looking to listen to music without a bunch of light blaring at you in a subdued room. On the S9, you can disable the front panel bright circle of light. I did that.

Because I can disable the light on the front panel and there are no other visible controls, the S9 disappears on top of my AVR. I know its there, but, its so unobtrusive it literally just disappears.
Its a great purchase even if its just for peace of mind. Two thumbs up from here. I can't hear the fans no matter how much they run. If I am playing the unit hard enough to generate heat requiring max fans the volume is so loud I couldn't hear them anyway.

2 years later (its now 2020) I have had zero issues with the Aircom. It has performed flawlessly and silently.
I would wager you will have the same experience with your T10 once you get the hang of it.

T

Tachead7075

Audioholic
I run an AC Infinity Aircom on my AVR as well(T8). I got sick of turning it off and on and the risk of forgetting to turn it back on if off. So, I purchased an switched AC outlet and now run it off of my AVR's 12V triggers. It works perfectly and shuts off and on with the AVR. One just needs to be careful to let it run a bit if it is really hot before shutting off but, that never really happens as it cools very well in my application.

If you also want to do this here is what I did...

I went with a Xantech AC-1 for the switched AC outlet...

I got one of these off of Amazon...

I used a piece of speaker wire to connect the 3.5mm mono adapter to the AC-1 and that's it...

I really don't get why AC Infinity didn't include a 12V trigger on these "T" models at least as they are their flagship models. I gladly would have paid more for this feature...

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I just use a smart power strip keyed to the avr....on two different systems and it works just fine.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I run an AC Infinity Aircom on my AVR as well(T8). I got sick of turning it off and on and the risk of forgetting to turn it back on if off. So, I purchased an switched AC outlet and now run it off of my AVR's 12V triggers. It works perfectly and shuts off and on with the AVR. One just needs to be careful to let it run a bit if it is really hot before shutting off but, that never really happens as it cools very well in my application.

If you also want to do this here is what I did...

I went with a Xantech AC-1 for the switched AC outlet...

I got one of these off of Amazon...

I used a piece of speaker wire to connect the 3.5mm mono adapter to the AC-1 and that's it...

I really don't get why AC Infinity didn't include a 12V trigger on these "T" models at least as they are their flagship models. I gladly would have paid more for this feature...

The Xantech AC1 has been discontinued by the manufacturer for a while.

T

Tachead7075

Audioholic
The Xantech AC1 has been discontinued by the manufacturer for a while.
I got it from Amazon about a month ago so, I guess they can still be found. Many people dyi one too or use a power bar or power conditioner with the capability if you can't find one. I think there may be other brands too.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Does anyone run mini fans on the the back of a 1080p or 4K TVs? I own a Samsung and Vizio and they run toasty. No issues though with either. Man after an hour and makes the room hotter than usual.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Does anyone run mini fans on the the back of a 1080p or 4K TVs? I own a Samsung and Vizio and they run toasty. No issues though with either. Man after an hour and makes the room hotter than usual.
They are obviously designed not to last long. I don't understand that either a LCD or a LED TV set would heat as you say, as they shouldn't normally heat a lot.

But my 10 year old Panasonic plasma has 3 cooling fans and still operating as it was first turned on.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
They are obviously designed not to last long. I don't understand that either a LCD or a LED TV set would heat as you say, as they shouldn't normally heat a lot.

But my 10 year old Panasonic plasma has 3 cooling fans and still operating as it was first turned on.
Do you run them with air going in or air coming out?
Got these last week:
AC Infinity MULTIFAN S5, Quiet Dual 80mm USB Fan for Receiver DVR Playstation Xbox Computer Cabinet Cooling https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IJ2J2K0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_3ExnFbKV6BR4J

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Do you run them with air going in or air coming out?
Got these last week:
AC Infinity MULTIFAN S5, Quiet Dual 80mm USB Fan for Receiver DVR Playstation Xbox Computer Cabinet Cooling https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IJ2J2K0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_3ExnFbKV6BR4J
The fans on the Panasonic TV came built-in within the set and they are pushing the air out.

By the way, those AC Infinity fans are amazing and rather quiet. I have been using three of them on top of the Marantz SR5011 to pull the air out of the AVR. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis