Kevin Poirier

Kevin Poirier

Audioholic Intern
Hi to all. I need your eternal wisdom again to help stop the constant debate in my head. . Does anyone have experience with AC Infinity Aircom S10 or T10? I’d like to get the T10 but they’re out of stock until July. My biggest question is should I settle on the S10 and get it now or are the extra features of T10 worth holding out?

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Hi to all. I need your eternal wisdom again to help stop the constant debate in my head. . Does anyone have experience with AC Infinity Aircom S10 or T10? I’d like to get the T10 but they’re out of stock until July. My biggest question is should I settle on the S10 and get it now or are the extra features of T10 worth holding out?
Kevin
When I bought my new Denon x4300w AVR I wanted to make sure it stayed cool and calm. I don't know that I ever had heat issues with my old Denon, but, I wanted to make sure I didn't have them with the new one. So, I bought an Aircom Infinity S9. Hands down a great product. Dead quiet. Runs when it needs to, doesn't when it doesn't.

The S10 is a front exhaust unit. The S9 is a top exhaust. That didn't make any difference to me then, and wouldn't now either. The T series have more stuff on the front panel. I don't look at that as a positive. It means a more distracting faceplate when you're just looking to listen to music without a bunch of light blaring at you in a subdued room. On the S9, you can disable the front panel bright circle of light. I did that.

The S9 disappears on top of my AVR. I know its there, but, its so unobtrusive it literally just disappears.
Its a great purchase even if its just for peace of mind. Two thumbs up from here.

Kevin Poirier

Kevin Poirier

Audioholic Intern
Kevin
When I bought my new Denon x4300w AVR I wanted to make sure it stayed cool and calm. I don't know that I ever had heat issues with my old Denon, but, I wanted to make sure I didn't have them with the new one. So, I bought an Aircom Infinity S9. Hands down a great product. Dead quiet. Runs when it needs to, doesn't when it doesn't.

The S10 is a front exhaust unit. The S9 is a top exhaust. That didn't make any difference to me then, and wouldn't now either. The T series have more stuff on the front panel. I don't look at that as a positive. It means a more distracting faceplate when you're just looking to listen to music without a bunch of light blaring at you in a subdued room. On the S9, you can disable the front panel bright circle of light. I did that.

The S9 disappears on top of my AVR. I know its there, but, its so unobtrusive it literally just disappears.
Its a great purchase even if its just for peace of mind. Two thumbs up from here.
Thank you.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

My biggest question is should I settle on the S10 and get it now or are the extra features of T10 worth holding out?
Personally I’m a sucker for a cool display, so I'd get the Model T just for that. :) Aside from that, as you know the T has some features that the S doesn’t (aside from the display). Whether or not you think they’re useful should be all you need to know about making a decision.

The S10 is a front exhaust unit. The S9 is a top exhaust. That didn't make any difference to me then, and wouldn't now either.
The top-exhaust model is a few dB quieter. Not that anyone will hear the difference between 21 and 24 dB...

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis