tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
for the last few days AH forums seem a little sluggish and the search option basically stopped working for me.

anyone else ?

my end is working ok

Yes, I'm seeing google ad page load delays. I need to triple check to see if my ads are loading asynchronously. That should fix it. If they are correct, then I need to look for something that has compromised the site (adsense hidden somewhere, etc).

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I've noticed that about the search function as well, but I find that if I right click on the search button and open it in a new tab it opens to the advanced search page and works fine.

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
Haven't tried searching, but I've been getting some pretty long pageload times myself. If i click to go to first unread post it's been upwords of 30 seconds before the page finishes and it makes the jump.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
So for about an hour today the search worked for me, now it doesn't work again and I can't open up notifications.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Many of the drop down tabs aren't working for me (search, community, notifications)

OK, this is an all-points bulletin. I can't figure it out, but something is continuing to load on the site right at the bottom. All our ads are in iframe so I'm wondering if something is injected into the site.

The URL it loads keeps changing and I can't seem to nail down the source.

Anyone who solves the mystery gets their pick from a list of free gadget goodies... And I've got some pretty cool stuff lying around.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Has to be the ad origination system. I know Gene will hate this...

Install Ad-Block + and w/o the ads the site is responsive. You may have a advertiser with a link-through banner that is compromised.

Not sure how you have that setup however...

What's odd is that those ads are all supposedly asynchronous - so wrapped in an iframe. If that's the case, they could take a year to load and the page should still come in fine (around it).

I'm thinking there's an ad somewhere that's not supposed to be there. I just updated vbSEO, so that dashed my hopes if that being the culprit.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I have a VM loaded with Windows 7 and Mozilla FF 12 and the site is coming up fine right now. Any of the problem areas are resolving quickly including Google Analytics.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I have a VM loaded with Windows 7 and Mozilla FF 12 and the site is coming up fine right now. Any of the problem areas are resolving quickly including Google Analytics.
like others mentioned, the only big issue for me is the search function... it takes ages to load or doesn't load at all

jinjuku

jinjuku

The search function looks like it is server based (PHP). I would check the PHP server installation and make sure it hasn't been exploited.

Patch it up or re-install and patch up.

I noticed it seems quicker with an un-registered account but soon as I log in it is slow.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Not just search...when I try to PM, something has been hanging before I can even click on a user's name to send a PM or when I click on my own Inbox, it may take a full minute or more to respond. The only thing I noticed that seemed related was that I couldn't use either of these options until that TWEETS bar showed up....

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Checked with FF 12.0 today - seems there are no issues, but in Chrome search and quicklinks scripts don't seem to react or huge delays... I assume it could issue with some of my chrome plugins - I gotta to check it with clean install

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
aside from that, if you look at your page loading - after clicking a link, it sits and loads for seemingly forever... never stops loading.... with firefox and google chrome... I refuse to use IE, so no clue on that...

S

saeyedoc

Junior Audioholic
No problem loading the forum pages if accessed directly, but I've been unable to get to the main site all day, IE says "operation aborted"

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis