AH, this car comes with a ---- system!

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>Now I can understand fooling the public into believing something is great. But how in the hell do you convince an auto manufacturer to put this crap in every &nbsp;d@mn car they make.
We bought my wife a 40k sport coupe &amp; the stereo sounds like a clock radio.
And what really pi$$e$ me off is the fact that you can't replace this POS with an aftermarket unit because it is incorporated into the console with the other electronic functions.
And why does a fine Japanese car come with a POS American marketing marvel of a Blose? I mean, hell, a Jaguar comes with a Japanese Alpine! And it's British! WTF?
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
zipper

zipper

Full Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Did you buy a 350ZX, or an Infinity? I had a Maxima with a Blows system. It sounded pretty good for a factory system but replacing it would have been a bear. It CAN be done however. They have some funky setup of 1 ohm speakers with attached amps for each one &amp; the amps are very prone to failure(I replaced two in 5 years, found them at junkyards for $35). You must replace EVERYTHING. There is a place in Texas(Williams Elec.?) that services Blows equip. &amp; they have directions on how to remove players from the dashes of different makes of cars. Search for them &amp; I think you'll find a way to replace the factory system.</font>

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>G35 sc. My brother has the 350Z. His was much less of a pain! It just looks SOOOOO d@m&amp; good that I hate to cut into it. But, what has to be done, has to be done!

I will probably fabricate some stainless myself for the console. It MUST have an Alpine with MB Quarts &amp; at least one JL sub!</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis