Aftermarket speaker grill manufacturer

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Bring some MJ while on your way up ;) Its almost legal now :p
My days of taking illegal drugs across international borders are over. I know what people say but I am through being a drug mule and a male prostitute.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
My days of taking illegal drugs across international borders are over. I know what people say but I am through being a drug mule and a male prostitute.
You cant be serious about quitting the prostitution circuit. Its how you meet new people and get out once n while.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
All the speakers I have currently have magnet held grilles except for one old DIY pair. It just looks cool when you pop the grilles off and there are no "protrusions" there.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
You make your own. It is very easy.

You use 3/8' plywood

Make the cut out you want with a rip saw. Now cut the board to size, with a skill saw, or table saw..

Mount the hardware.

Paint the outside of the frame with mat black blackboard paint.

Now cut the fabric to size, and staple is with a staple gun.

You can get the hardware and speaker fabric from Madisound, and I suspect a lot of other places.

I doubt there are any custom builders.
Im looking at this for speaker cloth.
https://www.parts-express.com/mellotone-premium-black-speaker-grill-cloth-yard-64-wide--260-332

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Here are some pics... the first ne being the PSB Alphas, the 2nd being the PSB400 which replaces the alpha.
IMG_0076.jpeg

IMG_0556.jpg

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Here is a closeup of the drivers.

IMG_0557.jpg
IMG_0559.jpg

I made a template yesterday for the grills. Hopefully, I can run down to Home Depot and get some 1/2" plywood ends and have them bevel cut at 45 degrees to size.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Be a grill cloth mule, then.

Drape it over your shoulders and if they ask what it is, say "It's my cloak".

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Where are you and how much do you need? I have a roll of it and I'll never use all of it unless I go into business as a manufacturer or burn pieces of it just for the helluvit.
To cover two speakers that measure 16" x 8"

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I was all set to buy this;
https://www.parts-express.com/parts-express-heavy-duty-speaker-grill-guides-12-pair--260-367

Was going to check out in PayPal until I saw a $233. shipping /import charge. Thats 10x times the cost of the fabric. I called Parts Express up and they said it depends on where they are shipping it too. I guess they want to keep their business in the US. I'm now searching Amazon.
You can get some from Solen in Saint-Hubert, QC at a decent cost:

https://solen.ca/product-category/accessories/plastic-parts/

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Where are you and how much do you need? I have a roll of it and I'll never use all of it
To cover two speakers that measure 16" x 8"
And he's in Ottawa. I hesitate to order from PE due to wanting freakin' everything. If you really feel like shipping grill cloth, I could use some too. How wide is the roll? Fire retardant? Shiny? Dull?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I think these are what I got:

https://www.parts-express.com/neodymium-disc-magnet-3-8-x-3-16--320-016

I'm headed up to TO pretty soon. I wish I had those magnets on hand to ship to you from there. If you're going to stick with this speaker repair business, you might think about relocating to a civilized part of the world where The Magnet and dare I say, The Wheel are readily available resources. Think of it, round magnets, in a country right next to you. :D

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis