AfterLife2's Setup Finally...Brace Yourself and Always Thankful To My Audioholics FriendS.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
No pics of it in position with the rest of the setup? LAAAAAMMMMMEEEE :p :D

Congrats on the new sub.
Thanks Fuzz Ill have some up later tonight or tomm. gonna watch Band Of Brothers for the 1st. time on BD in a bit.:cool:

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Nice sub, Ed is really easy to work with, good company with good products.. congrats on the new sub, enjoy it...

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks Imcloud. They are a top notch company with great people like Ed and Eli running it! What a fun night with this movie, just wow! Bass through whole movie. My floors never ever shaked like this before.:eek: Get it used on amazon for 6 bucks you won't regret it. This will be my go to, to check bass. The opening scene with Johnny Cash(I've Been Everywhere man) I played it 3 times. Thanks Fuzz for recommending it. The last scene in Band Of Brothers on the first episode where the plane leaves on their mission towards the end of the episode, holy moly rock em' sock em'. This sub is awesome already.

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
No problem, glad you liked it. When you get a chance, on Reference BD Demo v2, under "Bass" if you go to "Pulse: Control Room". That's a pretty good one as well. I remember turning it up to 0 and feeling like the entire house was sucking in and expanding out.

Someday, when you make it upstate we'll have to play FotP and a few others to compare :D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Cool that will be awesome. I still have not watched the other 2 Demos Ill check it out that one tomm. Here ya go some quick shots:

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
From 2 weeks ago:

Well I recently wanted to setup my HDTV to some new computer speaker 2.1's set to conserve some electricity when not watching 5.1/7.1 movies, but decided I wanted to get something a bit better, so I moved my Klipsch RB25's(Thanks Mac) to serve it a little better. Saw that there was a sale on the Pyle PCA1(1st time trying out their product) for only 15 bucks(went back up to $30) and said why not and bought it. I hooked it up to my TV and was impressed right away. At the 12/1:30 o'clock volume was just enough. Then I went to check the music on Pandora had to turn it down to 9-10:30 o'clock position. If I wanted to do a party 12'oclock position would be enough believe me. I just hooked my old Fiio E3 Headphone Amp($15 at the time, now $30) which doesn't get much use to see If I can hear a difference with my recently bought SanDisk Sansa Clip+ MP3/Flac player(sale 20$) and BOY everything come to life even more, besides the volume bump!:eek: The bass was tight and everything was perfect for my needs! No brightness Imcloud at all:p it sounds great I tell ya! To anyone who is on a tight budget I'd suggest this type of setup. I am more than impressed and shocked, gulp. The Pyle LCD light is very bright, so I put a little sticker so it would be a little darker, but enough to see the red light. If the Plye goes on sale again I'm getting another one! Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Getting higher and not with rocks!:D Black Hawk Down anyone?:cool:

Got an extra pair of Wharfedale WH2's a couple of weeks ago for a great deal. Decided to put them up today. Thanks to fuzz(Inspiration for this project) and JG(white speaker wires info.) So any cool Height sound movies you all recommend? and what setting do you prefer Aud DSX or PLIIZ Height?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Flight of the Phoenix
Iron Man 3
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2
Any of the Transformers movies
Dark Knight Rises
Some of the surround Scenes from the Demo Discs

I jump back and forth between PLIIZ and NeoX and sometimes the THX versions of both. Dunno if you have all those, not that it makes a big difference. They all sound more or less the same. However, I don't use Audyssey DSX because, last time I used it, it seemed to be taming the bass, which was totally unacceptable :D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks Mac. I was hoping someone would notice it.:D I need another one for the right or something cool looking.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Kinda funny, but if you really want an audio test, Dredd is a solid one to try. Probably one of the best audio tracks out recently. Not a great movie, but entertaining action flick and basically worth the audio alone to me. I'm still waiting for a good price to pick it up though.

Other than the actual crash scene in Flight of the Phoenix, I really didn't care for the film. If you want some sub test material: WOTW, Incredibles, Cloverfield, Leon: The Professional

Last edited:
darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Kinda funny, but if you really want an audio test, Dredd is a solid one to try. Probably one of the best audio tracks out recently. Not a great movie, but entertaining action flick and basically worth the audio alone to me. I'm still waiting for a good price to pick it up though.

Other than the actual crash scene in Flight of the Phoenix, I really didn't care for the film. If you want some sub test material: WOTW, Incredibles, Cloverfield, Leon: The Professional
I thought Dredd was decent actually. The 3D was very well done. I don't remember being super impressed with the audio though. Maybe I need to watch it again.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I saw Dredd a couple of weeks ago before the PB. I have to get Leon The Professional on BD. I have The Incredibles on DVD. WOTW, Transformers & Cloverfield I wasn't a fan of.:( I might get Avatar though.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I was disappointed with the bass in Avatar and that's besides the fact that the movie was pretty meh, but really great visuals and good 3D. Cloverfield isn't a good movie either, but the bass is amazing. WOTW I saw in theaters and didn't like it (big fan of the '53 original still though), but the audio was awesome so I bought it. After watching it a few times, despite Tom Cruise, I grew to kind of like it. Leon on BD has really improved audio over the DVD, and both audio and video are improved on Incredibles on the BD IMO. Yes, Dredd had excellent 3D I thought.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks for saving me money JG on Avatar.:D I was not a fan of it anyways. I'll look into The Incredibles + Leon on BD. I actually went to see WOTW at the theater and was so pissed with that ending.:mad:

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks for saving me money JG on Avatar.:D I was not a fan of it anyways. I'll look into The Incredibles + Leon on BD. I actually went to see WOTW at the theater and was so pissed with that ending.:mad:
I agree that the bass was dissappointing in Avatar. That being said, if you've got a large enough display or a nice projector the visuals are almost worth it. If you didn't like the movie and you're not staring at a 96"screen then definitely skip it.

Leon's great. I had it in my cart awhile ago, but never bought it. What the heck.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Nope only 37 inch.:(stilll the PQ is nice. I hope to move to 50-55 inch pana if they drop prices.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, WOTW ending does kind of suck, but it is basically the same resolution as the original. The new one just doesn't feel quite the same though; it makes it feel TOO convenient.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Well it was a year ago tonight(7:30), still not really over it, but I'd like to thank all those who helped me through it in many, many ways. Bless you all.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis