AfterLife2's Setup Finally...Brace Yourself and Always Thankful To My Audioholics FriendS.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Like your signs they can be gotten very cheaply on ebay with dem china dudes! Awesome.

hyghwayman

hyghwayman

Audioholic
Afterlife,

Congrats on making through the last year and your newish SVS subwoofer.

Happy Holidays!
<input id="mac_address" value="" type="hidden"><input id="mac_address" value="" type="hidden">

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Well I went and did it. Long story short I looked at Rojo's signature and saw he had some Butt shakers and asked him about it. I always thought they were a gimmick and never considered them, low and behold I bought a pair after Rojo's encouragement. I bought a pair Auras and the seller threw in the Aura receiver(for car only)on CL for less than 35(Auras are 50$ each on PE) bucks.:eek: What a freakin' deal. :D I hooked them up last Sat. and played with them a little with Fuzz's Demo BD's and these thing are fun.:D WOTW, Pulse, Star Wars, etc gave me a good Bass couch workout. I'm happy I got them. These will be used for my action movies from now on. Special Thanks to Rojo for the help.
Hooked up to to the Parasound Amp:

[h=1]RCA Mono Male to Two RCA Stereo Female Y-Cable -6 Inch to reciever[/h]

They are attached to this thin board:

No it does not rattle it's on there tight and thumps nicely:

Closeup:

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Since I'm moving into an apartment and losing the ability to go loud, I'm seriously considering trying these. I'm pretty sure that would be going back on something I said before, but who can remember these things :D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I think you will like them, but I'm sure you'll get like 5-7 for yours. :) I was watching another Demo BD boy the Hulk/Cloverfield has some nice couch bass. :) I guess me and Rojo are the only ones who have them. Really like them alot. I need to get that Pulse Movie, dang.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I think I'd probably start with two and expand from there, assuming I liked them. I'm still skeptical about them but I'll try anything twice :D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah two should be good unless you have a recliner? Looking forward to the lego movie too. Been holding out till i got the shakers maybe this weekend.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Looking good! Glad you like them. :) If you've got James Bond: Quantum of Solace, that movie's opening scene is nice for working out your bass shakers.

Fuzz, you should use searchtempest to find a cheap pair and give them a shot. If they don't work out, you can always put them in your car. I bet afterlife2 would be willing to part with his car amp for a reasonable price.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah two should be good unless you have a recliner? Looking forward to the lego movie too. Been holding out till i got the shakers maybe this weekend.
I don't have a recliner. Actually the furniture situation is kind of up in the air at the moment. I watched the Lego movie the other night. The gf and I thought it was great.
Looking good! Glad you like them. :) If you've got James Bond: Quantum of Solace, that movie's opening scene is nice for working out your bass shakers.

Fuzz, you should use searchtempest to find a cheap pair and give them a shot. If they don't work out, you can always put them in your car. I bet afterlife2 would be willing to part with his car amp for a reasonable price.
I'll have to give it a look once we're all moved in. I'm intrigued, and afterlife knows that once I'm intrigued no matter what I say, it's going to happen :D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

Thanks man. I think I bought it will have to check and see.

Last edited by a moderator:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I don't have a recliner. Actually the furniture situation is kind of up in the air at the moment. I watched the Lego movie the other night. The gf and I thought it was great.

I'll have to give it a look once we're all moved in. I'm intrigued, and afterlife knows that once I'm intrigued no matter what I say, it's going to happen :D
Yeah I can't wait to see The Lego Movie. Netflix has some of the older Lego movies on there too. Looking so foward to your new setup PICS. I bet the GF will put in some nice touches. Wishing a safe move.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
By Request My New Acer Projector Setup. Here We Go....

The Goods:

The Classy Looking Small Remote, which has to be replaced:

The nice carrying case, remote, moniter cable and PJ ac plug:

PJ closeup:

PJ coolness Uno:

PJ coolness Dos:

On side wall by the kitchen. As you can see it looks real nice, but much better in person. 73 inches across. Netflix and movie is Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues:

Side wall kitchen. Netflix and movie is Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues:

Couch area side wall. 63 inches across. Jimmy Kimmell and Guest Jack Black:

Couch area side wall. Jimmy Kimmell and Guest Jack Black:

Couch area side wall. Blu-ray Zero Dark Thirty ending credits. As you can see the blacks are good:

Will post more pics after I get the 100(92.5) 16:9 Projection Screen and 3D glasses. Stay Tuned...

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Well put up the 100(really 92 inch and huge in my tiny apt) screen in the afternoon yesterday and I must say it looks amazing. I thought that I would never own a PJ, but with Fuzz thread it made me wonder if I should get one? They have come down in price, so I thought hey why not? I found one on ebay refurb for a great price. The DVD's(Shakira) don't fare as well on a large screen(50-60 inch it looks amazing), but looks decent if you are a bit back in your chair. The SQ on the BD of course is great though. Now the Stevie Wonder BD Live In London looks AMAZING. I moved up closer and the PQ/SQ was amazing. It shockingly just breath taking. I can't wait till my family comes over to check it out. The 3D demo from AVS that Fuzz suggested looked amazing and had me ducking, lol.:eek: I 'd never been to a 3D movies in the theater, only as a kid they had one on TV that was kinda cool, but not great. So I didn't want to waste money on it. Well guess what? I really like it. :) Anyways here are some pics I took yesterday, please enjoy:
As you can see the DVD looks nice when siting a bit back.

As you can see the PQ is really nice, but of course way better in person.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks 3db. All I'm missing is a rolling cart to put the PJ on. The foldable food table is too low.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis