After some b*tching & moaning - the Yamaha RX-A3020 is F*CKING AWESOME!!! My set up.

M

metalmancpa

Audioholic Intern
After playing audio Olympics by jumping over a few hurdles and sweating with frustration undoing countless messily hooked up wires and tripping over things, and taking 3 nights to break down the old system and set up the new one, OMFG what a difference. I loved my RX-V2090/DDP-2 Combo, but the 3020 pretty much torpedoed it. I finished hooking it up tonight. I ran YPAO, and have since tweaked to my liking. I tested the following: DVD, BluRay, SiriusXM, Server (my music). The cleanliness of the sound is what amazes me, so much more than my old setup.

Here's my system (some new, some old, some REAL old):
Yamaha RX-A3020
PS3
TV: 40XBR800 (330 lbs of CRT madness)
Sony M555ES 400CD changer
Yamaha P-220 LP
Yamaha KX-400U Cassette
Mitsubishi HS-U520 VCRF

Speakers:
Front: ADS L1290
Center: Klipsch KV3
Sub: Klipsch KSW100
Front Surround: Boston Acoustics HD5
Rear Surround: Klipsch Synergy SS-5 (I think that's what they are - not taking off the wall to check)

I have more playing to do, but jumping into the 21st century with up-to-date technology of the 3020 is a dream. Love how she networks. Love the sound - movies and music equally incredible.

Yeah......I'm happy.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
After playing audio Olympics by jumping over a few hurdles and sweating with frustration undoing countless messily hooked up wires and tripping over things, and taking 3 nights to break down the old system and set up the new one, OMFG what a difference. I loved my RX-V2090/DDP-2 Combo, but the 3020 pretty much torpedoed it. I finished hooking it up tonight. I ran YPAO, and have since tweaked to my liking. I tested the following: DVD, BluRay, SiriusXM, Server (my music). The cleanliness of the sound is what amazes me, so much more than my old setup.

Here's my system (some new, some old, some REAL old):
Yamaha RX-A3020
PS3
TV: 40XBR800 (330 lbs of CRT madness)
Sony M555ES 400CD changer
Yamaha P-220 LP
Yamaha KX-400U Cassette
Mitsubishi HS-U520 VCRF

Speakers:
Front: ADS L1290
Center: Klipsch KV3
Sub: Klipsch KSW100
Front Surround: Boston Acoustics HD5
Rear Surround: Klipsch Synergy SS-5 (I think that's what they are - not taking off the wall to check)

I have more playing to do, but jumping into the 21st century with up-to-date technology of the 3020 is a dream. Love how she networks. Love the sound - movies and music equally incredible.

Yeah......I'm happy.
First of all, Congratulations and welcome to the HDMI (single AV cable) world!
I owned only 1 Yamaha, the RX-V659, and that sounds great too in pure direct mode but of course it can't compare with the latest greatest 3020/3030 in the DSP department. I have never audition any of their newer models but this is about science, facts and figures, so base on their specs I fully expect them to sound fantastic.

Now you can focus on enjoying the music itself, after all the hard work, I bet you vacuum clean the back side too right?

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
Congratulations !

I noticed you have the ADS L1290, I was a big fan of those speakers.
A friend of mine has taken to harvesting the tweeters and midrange and building his own cabinets.
Their dynamics and midrange are awesome.
I miss ADS.

- Rich

E

English210

Audioholic
Congrats!!! I have the previous version - 3010. I also saw your 40CRT. We replaced a 40" Mitsu, and never was I so glad to take such a load off the foundation of my house!!!! Replaced with a 65" Plazma :D

M

metalmancpa

Audioholic Intern
Congrats!!! I have the previous version - 3010. I also saw your 40CRT. We replaced a 40" Mitsu, and never was I so glad to take such a load off the foundation of my house!!!! Replaced with a 65" Plazma :D
The picture is great on the Sony, but in wide screen it's the equivalent of 37".

Music/sound is #1 for me, so I decided to exceed the budget a little on the 3020. I probably could have gotten and $500-$700 receiver and a newer TV to come up to the same $1,350. But in only a couple of days my ears tell me I'm 100% happy on my decision. The sound is impeccable to me.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis