Affordable Subwoofer cable

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Any digital coax cable will work just fine. It doesn't need to say "subwoofer".
Try bluejeans cable or even Walmart or RadioShack.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Ain't no real magic to a "subwoofer" cable.

It's just an audio interconnect. Virtually any well constructed interconnect will work fine, even RG/59U with "F" to RCA connectors on the ends.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
MIKED33 said:
Can you point me to a decent/affordable 20'+ subwoofer cable?
I wanted this but it's on backorder:]

Get some RG 6 or RG 59 cable TV cable from Radio Shack. They should have a 25ft cable easy for not much $.

G

GreenJelly

Banned
dont spend allot of money, and dont worry much, start with something cheap. I had a wire running around 25 feet, into a cheap subwoofer, and I could hear the radio coming from them; however that was my only bad experiance with RCA wires.

My fear of RCA wires are based on the fact that any noise they pick up will be amplified. I dont buy into the speaker wire BS, but I would spend a little more money on some nice shielded cables. I spend around $20-$50 on a subwoofer cable, since its usually a long cable... The rest of my RCA's are the high quality RadioShack brand:)

However, if your subwoofer doesnt cost allot of money, then dont worry about it, buy a set of wires.

Also, your talking about under $10, and you just cost me about 15 minutes to respond... I will be sending you my normal consulting fee based on $150/hour.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis