D

dafirst

Junior Audioholic
I connected my Samsung BD player to A behringer 2496 eq via Optical Spidf and the out to my Preamp. It plays very well but it displays on my Preamp screen as 48Kzz. And later i switched to (Rca out to Xlr in) on the 2496 Eq and the display on the Preamp showed 96khz. Honestly i noticed a wider sound stage and the sound was spacious.
The 2496 on it's selector accept both Optical Spidf & Xlr as digital.
Also i do have Aes?Ebu at the back of my preamp.
My question is, if i use the rca to xlr and connect it to the 2496 Aes/ebu INPUT, and then From the Output of the Aes/ebu to my preamp, will i get digital signal?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Are we to assume that the Samsung is your only source? How are you controlling the volume? What is your other gear?

D

dafirst

Junior Audioholic
Are we to assume that the Samsung is your only source? How are you controlling the volume? What is your other gear?
I control the volume via my preamp.
I have a lexicon preamp and Emotiva amplifier

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
So how do i connect that. Please if you don't mind
Depending on your amp / preamp connections. XLR to XLR, XLR to rca , rca to rca etc... then adjust your PEQ, crossover, etc. Have you taken measurements for EQ? You can import filters directly from measurement software like REW.

D

dafirst

Junior Audioholic
Depending on your amp / preamp connections. XLR to XLR, XLR to rca , rca to rca etc... then adjust your PEQ, crossover, etc. Have you taken measurements for EQ? You can import filters directly from measurement software like REW.
It's Rca and Xlr. I can do all Rca or Xlr to rca

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
It's Rca and Xlr. I can do all Rca or Xlr to rca
Whichever connections you have. I'll reiterate that using a measure microphone and software will be the route to go. I've used the 2496 for multiple Subs in the past, but prefer the minidsp now.

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'm going to stick my head in here just to say AES/EBU Digital XLR typically carries same bits and bits as IEC 958 but being a professional connection is not subject to Digital Copy Management as is IEC 958 and optical S/PDIF. Most equipment I have, converting IEC 958 to optical S/PDIF is possible or S/PDIF to IEC 958; however, sometimes the receiving equipment may not be able to decode when sending a 24/96 signal from optical S/PDIF to an IEC 958 input which may only handle up to 16/48. Also, when going from RCA analog to XLR or XLR balanced to RCA you may have overload distortion seen as clipping. My advice, too many potential problems converting RCA to XLR analog, not so much converting IEC 958 to optical S/PDIF.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis