R

rafik

Audiophyte
hi guys
this is my first post to you all
after reading and digging alot finally i have zeroed down on onkyo reciever tx-sr 875, want to know the matching speakers. i love to listen music and my dad likes movies. want something which will serve both

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
The 875 can theoretically handle 4 ohm loads just fine so the sky's the limit for your speaker choices. The only way to determine which speakers to buy is to listen to them (and keep in mind that they may well sound different in your actual listening environment).

Still, others will be along to give you their choices of which speakers you should audition.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
hi guys
after reading and digging alot finally i have zeroed down on onkyo reciever tx-sr 875, want to know the matching speakers. i love to listen music and my dad likes movies. want something which will serve both
Welcome to the forum rafik.

That receiver ought to serve you well. But imho, the proper way to appoach the system is to select the speaker first, and match the receiver to them. However, as MDS wrote, it is 4 ohm capable and has plenty of power, so only the least sensitive of speakers will be uninspired by your receiver. Cheers.

R

rafik

Audiophyte
The 875 can theoretically handle 4 ohm loads just fine so the sky's the limit for your speaker choices. The only way to determine which speakers to buy is to listen to them (and keep in mind that they may well sound different in your actual listening environment).

Still, others will be along to give you their choices of which speakers you should audition.
thus this means no problem with 8 ohm speakers

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
It will be a rare speaker that you can't push with 140 watts (I think). Perhaps not to ear bleeding levels, but that's not what you asked. I think you'll be fine with that receiver...

Alamar

Alamar

Full Audioholic
hi guys
I'd go along with what most of the others have told you. Hold your own auditions with your own source material [several good music CDs plus several DVD movies with good audio] and see what you like. When you find a set of speakers that you love in-store try to get a home trial [with full return rights]. If you can swing this then you're in great shape.

If you're looking for advice like which XYZ brand should I buy though I think we'd need more info like budget; are you looking at bookshelf speakers or towers; do you want a subwoofer; are you looking at a 2.0 system, 5.1, or 7.1 system, what's your room size, etc....

Note: I wouldn't take other's recommendations on blind faith. Please audition speakers yourself if possible.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis