B

Brettc

Audioholic
Contemplating using 5 svs ultra for bed speakers how would the fronts and center work together on a 20’ wall ? Room is 26 ft deep on one side and 18 on the other also 2 3000 subs and 4 atmos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think you're good to go. All bookshelf speakers or are you looking at the towers as well? I'm using all Ultras in a 5.2 setup in a large room. I have the room so I'm actually using an Ultra bookshelf for a center channel. They're great speakers and I love 'em.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
That’s a good sized room, and if you are interested in pursuing good room acoustics, you have enough space to play with, so that you can pick the best placement for all your gear.
Couple of questions though:
Is the room open to other areas?
How high is your ceiling?
How far would your LP (listening Position) be from the front speakers?
Is this your first go at building a good, high quality rig?
Usage: HT to Music?

Cheers!

B

Brettc

Audioholic
This is first go at it . It’s a split level house with the media/theatre room on bottom level 9’ ceiling that has been compromised by tearing out drop ceiling and painting rafters and all black. Half of the rear is used by another room for 6’ *10’ the other half has an opening 4’ on the main level. Can close doors though. 36” of front is false wall to hide components and easy maintenance. Acoustic screen . I can fit the 5 ultra towers with the 2 3000 subs and easily wire atmos . Sitting would be approximately 6- 8’ possibly 10 or 12 for rear

B

Brettc

Audioholic
How large is your room Pogre and what you running for your Pre and Pro? If I may ask

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
How large is your room Pogre and what you running for your Pre and Pro? If I may ask

It's like 34' x 16' or so and open to a hallway and a den with no door on the right. Vaulted ceilings too. I roughed up the math once and came up with ~5500-6000' ^3.

If you click on the spoiler tag in my sig you can see what I'm using, a SR6011 receiver and a Monolith 7 amplifier.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis