Advise on one sub or two?? HT

SamL

SamL

Audiophyte
Hi,

OK I currently have a little Kef Kube 8b and I've been thinking about replacing it with one SVS sb2000 pro.

But i keep hearing and reading 2 subs are better than one. So do I get another Kef Kube 8b and go straight to a duel sub setup and save money in the process or do i spend a little more and get a SVS sb2000 pro but only have one of theses running until i can justify buying another, which will probably be this time next year.

Any advise would be great!

Thanks!

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
That KEF Kube looks awful, no offense. Go get yourself an SB-2000. Get an SB-3000 if you really want to have some fun.

SamL

SamL

Audiophyte
That KEF Kube looks awful, no offense. Go get yourself an SB-2000. Get an SB-3000 if you really want to have some fun.
None taken lol, OK so one for the complete sub replacement idea.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hi,

OK I currently have a little Kef Kube 8b and I've been thinking about replacing it with one SVS sb2000 pro.

But i keep hearing and reading 2 subs are better than one. So do I get another Kef Kube 8b and go straight to a duel sub setup and save money in the process or do i spend a little more and get a SVS sb2000 pro but only have one of theses running until i can justify buying another, which will probably be this time next year.

Any advise would be great!

Thanks!
Replace the Kef with the one SVS...when funds permit you can add another one.

Not sure how large your room is, but I'm certain you can find one sub that can handle it. The big deal about 1 vs 2 subs is mostly in balancing out the bass throughout all the seating areas....some people can find the holy grail placement with one sub, but two will generally solve the dead spots easier.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Definitely replace the kube.
Like 2ch said. Multiple subs is more about multiple seats and if you have freedom of placement you can definitely get good results with a single. Depending on room size, I’d recommend a ported sub. The SB2k is better than the kube in every way possible, but if you have a big room it will struggle on big films(but still be better than the kube in that regard).
FWIW, the pc/pb2000 is in the outlet for 699.99. I think they’re still in there anyway.

SamL

SamL

Audiophyte
Definitely replace the kube.
Like 2ch said. Multiple subs is more about multiple seats and if you have freedom of placement you can definitely get good results with a single. Depending on room size, I’d recommend a ported sub. The SB2k is better than the kube in every way possible, but if you have a big room it will struggle on big films(but still be better than the kube in that regard).
FWIW, the pc/pb2000 is in the outlet for 699.99. I think they’re still in there anyway.
Thanks for your responses! im only using a small room and limited for space for a ported sub :( so i think im pretty much stuck with non ported for there compact sizes.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks for your responses! im only using a small room and limited for space for a ported sub :( so i think im pretty much stuck with non ported for there compact sizes.
How small? The SB2k is a very nice subwoofer, for what it is. FWIW the PC2k is only 16”dia. That’s not much bigger. But if the SB2k fits, well then it fits. It will still be better than the kube in any case.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
The SVS cylinders are awesome subs and wont's have a massive footprint.

FWIW...the footprint for a 15" sealed sub and a 15" ported sub is only a few inches in some cases...a lot of the size difference is in the height. (HSU 15" sealed is 18w" x 18d"....the ported VTF3 mk5 is 17.5w"x 21.5d")

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis