Advice: smallest, flatest, white speaker for use as "presence" channel

L

luiz gutierrez

Enthusiast
Simple question:

What is the smallest, flatest, white speakers suitable for use as "presence" (Yamaha receiver) channels with Paradigm Monitor system?

Most obvious answer would seem to be: surprise! Paradigm, for timbre matching. But the smallest Paradigm is too big to pass the WAF factor.

So, is there a smaller choice which would still work with the Paradigms?

Thanks.
Luiz

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Have you experimented with the presence channels yet? You might like the 7.1 sound with the rear surrounds better than the presence. Also, how are these going to be mounted/placed?

Snap

Snap

Audioholic
I am not sure that they would match your main speakers, but for P. Chan it might not be a problem.

The smallest NON-Bose speakers that I am aware of are some Round Speakers made by B.I.C. I think that is who makes them. I will check to find the link/Edit the post.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
You must be thinking of Anthony Gallo or Orb Audio stuff. They're cute, small, and round.

If you're up for some fun construction, you could always do in-walls. That way they won't show at all (well, aside from the grilles).

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Presence channel options

I recommend that your try out the presence channels with an old pair of bookshelf speakers to see if you like the effect and if you prefer it over a 7.1 setup.

For small unobtrusive speakers, you might consider a set of in-wall ceiling type speakers. These normally come in white and can be painted to match your wall.

If your only option is small "bose-type" satellite speakers than don't even bother.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
you could try Velodyne Deco sats. You could paint them..... but I would just try to hide them with stuff, or a plant.

The Sheep

X

Xsound

Full Audioholic
Wharfedale has a speaker that may interest you...

check out this link:

www.wharfedale.co.uk/range.php?range_id=12

I believe that AV man is a wharfedale dealer and could probably give you info on these speakers and whether they are available near you. Looks like interesting technology.

L

luiz gutierrez

Enthusiast
"Presence" speakers

Thanks for all the leads. I guess the first place to start is to see whether I even like the use of presence speakers in my acoustical space. I have an old pair of Dana I's I could try that might work with the use of the Yamaha's YPAO (sounds like John Madden doing a voice-over for a kung-fu movie...YPAO, he let his fists of fury fly...YPAO, YPAO...).

The Wharfedale flat panels sound intriguing, but there's not much info on their website. I used to love Whafedale speakers, but that was a LONG time ago (with a Fisher tubed receiver, listening to San Francisco's KFOG). However, I'm guessing the "British sound" might mate well with the Paradigms.

Merci,
Luiz

E

Eric Apple

Junior Audioholic
Gekko

I have some Gekkos. They sound really good for the size, and look like art work.

Here's a link to a dealer selling just art for the grill covers:

http://www.artgekko.com/index.html

They might have closed up shop, I didn't see a link on goolgle to a current mfg. website.

L

luiz gutierrez

Enthusiast
Speakers as artwork..WOW

Speakers disguised as artwork....wow, what a concept. I thought you were pulling my leg, so I went to the site, and there it was!

Talk about complicating the WAF factor; now I also have to consider if they would fit in with the existing artwork on the walls.

Matching the "timbre" of artwork in a home theater system...whoda thunk it.

This IS an interesting forum!
Thanks, Luiz

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis