Advice on Yamaha RX-A3060 PreOut Options

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks PENG
I still need an external amp to power the extra pair of speakers. I'm careful with noise levels. I'm learning that the extra power for me at least is to have good clean sound and not so much volume.
You are connect it is about clean sound, but power that you don't need will not make your sound cleaner. If your master volume is at around -15 to -10, even with a 20 dB peak that THX allows for, your sound will remain "clean" during that momentary peak. People who made the point of power requirement for clean sound, often exaggerated it to get attention. Again, I am not discouraging you from getting amps, I got a few in my system too. I am just saying there is no rush, and hold out for the best deals.

Z

z71sierraslt

Audioholic Intern
You are connect it is about clean sound, but power that you don't need will not make your sound cleaner. If your master volume is at around -15 to -10, even with a 20 dB peak that THX allows for, your sound will remain "clean" during that momentary peak. People who made the point of power requirement for clean sound, often exaggerated it to get attention. Again, I am not discouraging you from getting amps, I got a few in my system too. I am just saying there is no rush, and hold out for the best deals.
Thanks PENG
I'm not going to over do it with Amps. Just enough to get the job done and a little extra if I need it. Let's see what kind of deals come up in the next month.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks PENG
I still need an external amp to power the extra pair of speakers. I'm careful with noise levels. I'm learning that the extra power for me at least is to have good clean sound and not so much volume.
Extra power will give you good clean sound at higher volumes. At "regular" listening levels it likely won't make a difference at all.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks, advice taken!
After I posted I saw that it had already been mentioned. :confused:

It wasn't long ago that I joined this forum, but I have learned so much from these guys. A lot of my advice is based on what I've learned here. You came to the right place!

Z

z71sierraslt

Audioholic Intern
After I posted I saw that it had already been mentioned. :confused:

It wasn't long ago that I joined this forum, but I have learned so much from these guys. A lot of my advice is based on what I've learned here. You came to the right place!
No worries, this is one of the better forums.
I appreciate the input from all of you.

Z

z71sierraslt

Audioholic Intern
Just an update. I finally got the new Yamaha RX-A3060. A Newegg flash deal I couldn't pass up. WOW, WOW and WOW. This sounds incredible. Running 5.1.4 until I get an amp to do the full 7.1.4. Atmos and DTS-X is incredible, way better than the Dolby PIIz. Dolby Surround and DTS Neural X is an awesome addition that brings alive older 5.1 movies.
Just need to find some great Black Friday deals!

O

Obiqbal

Audiophyte
I understand this topic is long closed and the amp is pretty old now. I need your expert opinion on A3060

My current setup is Yamaha plus Rotel 1075. I have set up 7.2.4. Currently using Rotel's three channels for LCR and rest from Aventage directly. Planning to move back the fronts to Yamaha for more juice and Bi-Amp Em.. Do you guys think if I Bi-Amp those, would I be using two extra amps and would that reduce processing channels too?

My ultimate goal is power fronts (bi-amped using four amp channels) and 4 Atmos from Yamaha. Totalling 8 amps but 6 channels effectively (fronts use two only)

Four surrounds and one center channel from Rotel RMB-1075 by using 5 pre-outs from Yamaha.

This setup totals back to 11 processing channels but increases the amp requirements to 13.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I understand this topic is long closed and the amp is pretty old now. I need your expert opinion on A3060

My current setup is Yamaha plus Rotel 1075. I have set up 7.2.4. Currently using Rotel's three channels for LCR and rest from Aventage directly. Planning to move back the fronts to Yamaha for more juice and Bi-Amp Em.. Do you guys think if I Bi-Amp those, would I be using two extra amps and would that reduce processing channels too?

My ultimate goal is power fronts (bi-amped using four amp channels) and 4 Atmos from Yamaha. Totalling 8 amps but 6 channels effectively (fronts use two only)

Four surrounds and one center channel from Rotel RMB-1075 by using 5 pre-outs from Yamaha.

This setup totals back to 11 processing channels but increases the amp requirements to 13.
No. Don’t bi-amp.

Definitely don’t bi-aml using the AVR’s internal amps.

Also, what speakers are you thinking of bi-amping?

O

Obiqbal

Audiophyte
No. Don’t bi-amp.

Definitely don’t bi-aml using the AVR’s internal amps.

Also, what speakers are you thinking of bi-amping?
I am using Monitor Audio Bronze 6 and I have once tried it Bi-Amping from AVR and I felt it started sounding better.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I am using Monitor Audio Bronze 6 and I have once tried it Bi-Amping from AVR and I felt it started sounding better.
It was placebo effect.

The MA Bronze 6 has small dual 6.5” woofers. I wouldn’t even bother trying to bi-amp unless you have towers with much bigger woofers, like at least dual 10” woofers.

Even if your towers had dual 10” or 12” woofers, you should use a separate amp to bi-amp those big woofers, not the little AVR amps.

O

Obiqbal

Audiophyte
Aha
It was placebo effect.

The MA Bronze 6 has small dual 6.5” woofers. I wouldn’t even bother trying to bi-amp unless you have towers with much bigger woofers, like at least dual 10” woofers.

Even if your towers had dual 10” or 12” woofers, you should use a separate amp to bi-amp those big woofers, not the little AVR amps.
Ahan. Thanks.

Do you recommend to put them on AVR or External Amp (Rotel in my case)?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis