Advice on Studio 530's

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Okay so my 530's for my side surrounds and rears should be delivered by Friday

I'm going to wall mount them I have mounts that I intend to use they will require that I screw into the back of the speaker.

I don't care about resell value or voiding warranty I love every studio 5 I've ever owned. They're not going back

I just need to know where is the crossover board installed at? The last thing I want to do is drill into the wiring

If any one knows the internal wiring on these speakers or have any diagrams on the internal build Id greatly appreciate it

Thanks for your time

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You should be able to pop out the woofer and peek inside without too much trouble I'd think.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

I'm going to wall mount them I have mounts that I intend to use they will require that I screw into the back of the speaker.

I don't care about resell value or voiding warranty I love every studio 5 I've ever owned. They're not going back

I just need to know where is the crossover board installed at? The last thing I want to do is drill into the wiring

If any one knows the internal wiring on these speakers or have any diagrams on the internal build Id greatly appreciate it

Thanks for your time
Never looked inside mine. You could use a clamp style mount without drilling....

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member

Thanks for your time
Many times the crossover is mounted on the binding post cup. Take out the binding post to take a peek...

And yeah, why aren't you using a side-clamping mount?

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
The crossover is on the left side panel -- it has around 17 or 18 parts to the crossover

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Even with side-clamps, once the speaker gets a certain size/weight, I think a couple of screws is a good idea.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Damn thanks bro that info helps a lot so from what I'm understanding the crossover is on the left side of the speaker except for the binding posts and port nothing is located on the back? If so that's perfect for me
Correct

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Many times the crossover is mounted on the binding post cup. Take out the binding post to take a peek...

And yeah, why aren't you using a side-clamping mount?
These would work a lot better plus side clamp mounts stick them out to far off the wall I hate that the rod coming out doesn't collapse to the left or right to bring them closer to the wall I'm going to have them at ear level or close to it I don't want anyone running in to them

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I found straps to be plenty good without drilling. I just couldn't bear the thought of marring that piano black finish, tho I'm sure you can do it and have the end result look nice with a little care.

20191203_133028-816x459.jpg
20191203_132943-816x459.jpg

I tugged on 'em and jiggled 'em around pretty good. They're no going anywhere. I used some inexpensive nylon straps that came with a tent I think... Anyhoo, another thing I like about the sharper angle is it moves the rear port a little further out from the wall too.

*Edit: Also, I had that one down recently when I did my Ultra/TP160S shootout and checked (with a little anxiety, lol) for any scuffs or marks from the straps and am happy to report there were none. Just be carful not to let the straps move or slip when you put everything together.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
These would work a lot better plus side clamp mounts stick them out to far off the wall I hate that the rod coming out doesn't collapse to the left or right to bring them closer to the wall I'm going to have them at ear level or close to it I don't want anyone running in to them
Clamp hater! :p

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Don't leave out the Symmetric Field Geometry magnet structure :) Or the neodymium magnets on the compression driver with its Teonex diaphragm and ABS bi-radial horn! :)
Or the 1.21 gigawatt flux capacitors in the crossovers! :p

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Don't leave out the Symmetric Field Geometry magnet structure :) Or the neodymium magnets on the compression driver with its Teonex diaphragm and ABS bi-radial horn! :)
Marketing did have some discussions sitting at the coffee table

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis