Advice on Marantz cinema 70s

D

deezy

Audiophyte
Hi, I have recently bought the cinema 70s and the Q acoustics 3050i along with the 3090Ci center and 3010i's as rears for a modest home cinema set up (may potentially add a sub and either dolby atmos or ceiling speakers at a later date) My room is fairly small at 3.5m x 4m.

The 3010i's were not in stock at the time of purchase so they are coming in a couple of weeks, in the mean time I have set up the 3050i's and the 3090Ci, despite having a relatively low power output per channel the cinema 70s drives these speakers quite well (so far) for this sized room I definitely don't need it to go any louder, my question is, would the cinema 70s (using the pre outs) and these speakers still benefit from a power amp such as the Emotiva BasX x2 driving the 3050i's? I suspect the 3010i's won't sap too much more power from the Cinema 70s but if I were to add atmos speakers too? I'm also thinking in more sound quality, would the BasX give me a noticeable step up in sound quality over just the 70s on its own?

I can get hold of a Emotiva BasX A2 for £400 (pre owned) so just trying to find out if its worth shelling out the extra money for, thanks in advance to anyone that can help!

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Hi, I have recently bought the cinema 70s and the Q acoustics 3050i along with the 3090Ci center and 3010i's as rears for a modest home cinema set up (may potentially add a sub and either dolby atmos or ceiling speakers at a later date) My room is fairly small at 3.5m x 4m.

The 3010i's were not in stock at the time of purchase so they are coming in a couple of weeks, in the mean time I have set up the 3050i's and the 3090Ci, despite having a relatively low power output per channel the cinema 70s drives these speakers quite well (so far) for this sized room I definitely don't need it to go any louder, my question is, would the cinema 70s (using the pre outs) and these speakers still benefit from a power amp such as the Emotiva BasX x2 driving the 3050i's? I suspect the 3010i's won't sap too much more power from the Cinema 70s but if I were to add atmos speakers too? I'm also thinking in more sound quality, would the BasX give me a noticeable step up in sound quality over just the 70s on its own?

I can get hold of a Emotiva BasX A2 for £400 (pre owned) so just trying to find out if its worth shelling out the extra money for, thanks in advance to anyone that can help!
No, you don't need an amp with that setup, waste of money.....Q's are very easy to drive. (that series is anyhow).

Nice system except for that 3090CI....one of Q's mistakes. (I have one collecting dust). It was quite the little squaker.
If you can find one, Q was practically giving away the Concept Center which is far superior. (I have two of those).
They were even being sold for 49 US dollars, down from 500 retail...unreal.

D

deezy

Audiophyte
Thanks for the reply, I shall give the power amp a pass for now then, maybe invest in a better center instead aha....I actually was a little disappointed with the 3090Ci, I think I'm within the return window so could swap it out for something else.....is the concept center a significant upgrade? I cant find it for $49 cheap but can find it for £120 which is still cheaper than what I paid for the 3090Ci....my only gripe is I got the 3050i's in walnut so the concept center wouldn't match (I could live with it though if it were a significant sound upgrade) or if you have any other center suggestions that come in walnut that would go with my setup, they would be very much welcome as well. Thanks! The advice is much appreciated.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis