Advice on getting better sound quality from LG tv

bobinnewhampshire

bobinnewhampshire

Audiophyte
I have a Samsung HW-J460 soundbar connected via ARC to my LG 55C3 TV. I'd like to have better sound quality. The TV only outputs to one device at a time. How can I get better sound quality? Would I be better outputting to a HDMI receiver 5:1, do I need a better soundbar?

Would outputting through HDMI receiver connected to my Paradigm Titan speakers be better?

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
I have a Samsung HW-J460 soundbar connected via ARC to my LG 55C3 TV. I'd like to have better sound quality. The TV only outputs to one device at a time. How can I get better sound quality? Would I be better outputting to a HDMI receiver 5:1, do I need a better soundbar?

Would outputting through HDMI receiver connected to my Paradigm Titan speakers be better?
This hobby is an iterative journey of ever increasing sound quality and expense. The journey includes lots of learning of new things and concepts. Welcome BTW.

You will need an AVR. Starter AVRs will have around 7-9 channels with outputs for two subwoofers. Subs are what adds emotion to watching TV shows and movies.

Next you will need to purchase Left, Right and Center speakers (oh I see on edit you have LR speakers already) and then two surround speakers and at least one sub. All of that will cost you money. But the payoff is huge if you choose properly.

If you read through this website‘s reviews of AVRs, speakers and subs you will get a proper start.

If you try to save time and just ask for recommendations you will likely receive diverse recommendations most likely aligned with what the forum member already owns. It is called confirmation bias. Which is why I recommend you read through this website’s reviews instead. This website‘s staff receive muitiple AVRs, speakers and subs to review—vastly more than we could ever hear on our own.

good luck and again welcome.

try these to start

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

Some soundbar are higher quality then others , I prefer using individual speakers in a 2-5-7ch surround hooked to an avr .
Paradigm Titan speakers should be an improvement yes .

bobinnewhampshire

bobinnewhampshire

Audiophyte
Thanks, I do plan to read and research but the intent of my question was to ask if it was worth it or a fool's errand. Your replies tell me it's worth it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis