Advice on a new setup

B

bound4h

Audioholic Intern
I am looking to go surround and want to take advantage of the TrueHD and MA encondings from blu-ray. This is my current setup:

Denon AVR-4802R monster of a receiver
B&W DM601 Series 3 (pair)
Panasonic TH-42PZ800U
PS3

While that is not much in terms of equipment, I have enjoyed stereo listening quite well. Since I want to go Surround and HD, I will need more.

My original thought was a HTIB. But, I would hate to loose the 4802 just to go HD and settle with low quality speakers. The 4802 doesn't have HDMI (obviously) so I would need a new receiver. I would also need a sub, center and 2 surrounds.

Can anyone shed some light on their thoughts regarding my current vs future setup? Some have mentioned tSc, but I am thinking of completing the set with a B&W ASW and B&W CC6 Center and 2 B&W surrounds.

I have seen surrounds and I have seen satellites, what is the difference? Would any 2 ch bookshelfs work as RL and RR surrounds?

Thanks guys,

Mike

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I am looking to go surround and want to take advantage of the TrueHD and MA encondings from blu-ray. This is my current setup:

Denon AVR-4802R monster of a receiver
B&W DM601 Series 3 (pair)
Panasonic TH-42PZ800U
PS3

While that is not much in terms of equipment, I have enjoyed stereo listening quite well. Since I want to go Surround and HD, I will need more.

My original thought was a HTIB. But, I would hate to loose the 4802 just to go HD and settle with low quality speakers. The 4802 doesn't have HDMI (obviously) so I would need a new receiver. I would also need a sub, center and 2 surrounds.

Can anyone shed some light on their thoughts regarding my current vs future setup? Some have mentioned tSc, but I am thinking of completing the set with a B&W ASW and B&W CC6 Center and 2 B&W surrounds.

I have seen surrounds and I have seen satellites, what is the difference? Would any 2 ch bookshelfs work as RL and RR surrounds?

Thanks guys,

Mike
I responded in your other thread.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis