Advice needed - replacing M&K SW85

Oneilljk

Oneilljk

Audiophyte
Hey all - brand-brand new to the forum. Looking for advice/guidance on a unique situation. Having demo work done on our house and the contractor literally put a hole in the cone. They’re offering to replace but finding a single SW85 is proving difficult. Would love advice on what to do. We have an 8 speaker set up that’s run throughout the floor, all M&K. Should I just make them replace with a single IW85? Would I then need to replace the set vs just one? Is there another in wall speaker besides the M&K 85 line anyone would recommend? I obviously don’t want to end up with a worse speaker considering they’re at fault, but open to ideas.

Thanks!

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Hey all - brand-brand new to the forum. Looking for advice/guidance on a unique situation. Having demo work done on our house and the contractor literally put a hole in the cone. They’re offering to replace but finding a single SW85 is proving difficult. Would love advice on what to do. We have an 8 speaker set up that’s run throughout the floor, all M&K. Should I just make them replace with a single IW85? Would I then need to replace the set vs just one? Is there another in wall speaker besides the M&K 85 line anyone would recommend? I obviously don’t want to end up with a worse speaker considering they’re at fault, but open to ideas.

Thanks!
I’d replace front 3 with IW950’s and then get IW85’s to use for sides and surrounds. If that budget works.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis