Advent Heritage Towers

Tayschrenn

Tayschrenn

Audiophyte
I'm curious if anyone has seen these used in a 5.0 setup before.

I inherited a Denon AVR-1613 with two Heritage, a center Advent, and four rear speakers. Two Graduates were in use and he had two Baby Advent II in storage.

I'm fairly new to the HT hobby, and have been cheap thus far (in example using a Sonos Beam solo with plans to buy surround for that) but am considering using these as more than my PC system as they are now.

They have seemingly great low and mids, though I've felt some highs went screech when watching The Witcher (which is in DD+)

My biggest concern is that my main TV area isn't a good room for surround. Chair and couch are in different areas and facing the TV at different angles, with no clear place I could see setting speakers up.

But mainly I'm wondering if these are worth using for more than music / PC use. The 1613 has good support but only 5.1, so no ATMOS or even side channels (those baby IIs would have been nice for sides)

And with such large Speakers (I'm actually using the Heritage as my rear, and the Graduates on my desk for fronts / monitor stands lol) is it worth getting a basic sub for them?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis