Adjustable vesa mount stand for 55” tv?

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
I’d like to replace my RP-250c with a third RP-160m for a matching LCR, but the 160m is way too tall to place under the tv, and I am not a fan of the center being above the TV. I really don’t want to wall mount it, especially because I am renting and filling tons of holes and repainting would be a waste of time since I am moving soon.

Ideally, I’d like something the can be angled down towards the seating for best picture, since the Visio E series doesn’t do great off axis. I’d like to mount all three speakers at about 43” above the floor, so the tv would probably need to be about 4’ high. The stand can sit on the entertainment center, which is 32” high.

Any suggestions?

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I must be dense because I'm still trying to figure out what you are trying to do. Photos or a scanned sketch might help.

H

Hingerson

Audiophyte
I’d like to replace my RP-250c with a third RP-160m for a matching LCR, but the 160m is way too tall to place under the tv, and I am not a fan of the center being above the TV. I really don’t want to wall mount it, especially because I am renting and filling tons of holes and repainting would be a waste of time since I am moving soon.

Ideally, I’d like something the can be angled down towards the seating for best picture, since the Visio E series doesn’t do great off axis. I’d like to mount all three speakers at about 43” above the floor, so the tv would probably need to be about 4’ high. The stand can sit on the entertainment center, which is 32” high.

Any suggestions?
Amazon has a few options for mounting your TV to a table top stand but none angle down unfortunately but some will allow you to raise your TV up quite a ways.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
It sounds like you want something like this...
https://www.amazon.com/SIMBR-Universal-Tabletop-Pedestal-Adjustment/dp/B073TRK86K/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1515003306&sr=1-3&keywords=tilting+tv+table+mount

But, I'm guessing that you need it to go higher than it was designed for.

If you are just renting and leaving soon, then I would stick with the speaker you have until you are in the new space or I would go buy some tools and build something to support a standard tilting wall mount.

The biggest issue I see is that you are going from a traditional center channel which is just 7" tall to a speaker which is 16" tall. That really puts the entire setup in an awkward situation from what I can tell and it's not traditional enough for manufacturers to make a product for your needs really.

I looked at both floor stands and table stands and the options are few.

I could probably build something in a day of work which would do the same thing using steel pipe from Home Depot. Probably $100 or less to build something, then spray paint it to the color you want.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
It sounds like you want something like this...
https://www.amazon.com/SIMBR-Universal-Tabletop-Pedestal-Adjustment/dp/B073TRK86K/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1515003306&sr=1-3&keywords=tilting+tv+table+mount

But, I'm guessing that you need it to go higher than it was designed for.

If you are just renting and leaving soon, then I would stick with the speaker you have until you are in the new space or I would go buy some tools and build something to support a standard tilting wall mount.

The biggest issue I see is that you are going from a traditional center channel which is just 7" tall to a speaker which is 16" tall. That really puts the entire setup in an awkward situation from what I can tell and it's not traditional enough for manufacturers to make a product for your needs really.

I looked at both floor stands and table stands and the options are few.

I could probably build something in a day of work which would do the same thing using steel pipe from Home Depot. Probably $100 or less to build something, then spray paint it to the color you want.
I’ve currently got the tv elevated on cinder blocks to fit the center underneath. I could just make it higher, but the angle would be lousy. The RP-160m may sound okay below ear height given the 90x90 dispersion pattern and fairly constant directivity, may just have to try it and see first.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis