Adding more subs or different box's

Hostility

Hostility

Full Audioholic
Winter is coming and time to start using the theatre again as i hibernate lol. So this winter i wanted to add 2 more subs.. Right now i have 2 dayton UM-18 22 subs in full marty boxes off a single Inuke 6000. These are huge and i don't really have much to move them around, so right now they are in the front corners. I will post pictures of what ARC-2 has measured. I did run rew last winter and tried to change sittings through adding filters but didn't really do much. I have a mini dsp but I'm only really using it for high pass filter. So my question is should i re do the boxes into something smaller to be moved around in the front stage, or add 2 more subs off another 6000, or do 4 sealed. I looked at switching them for some svs subs as I've used them in the past and loved them but decided to go DIY. I love these 2 subs but when i sit in a different seat other then my sweet spot i get nodes, and i could always want it louder/more bass...

Attachments

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
What's a full Marty box? Are they designed to work with those drivers? How are they tuned? I would think 2 of those in the right boxes with enough power should be plenty for that room.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
What's a full Marty box? Are they designed to work with those drivers? How are they tuned? I would think 2 of those in the right boxes with enough power should be plenty for that room.
A full or half Marty is a sub designed(I think by an avs member named Marty. It was such a good design I think someone even made flat pack kits. I could be remembering something else but if memory serves lol, that’s the deal.

Hostility

Hostility

Full Audioholic
Google Marty subwoofer. They are made for this subwoofer with different size box’s

Hostility

Hostility

Full Audioholic
A full or half Marty is a sub designed(I think by an avs member named Marty. It was such a good design I think someone even made flat pack kits. I could be remembering something else but if memory serves lol, that’s the deal.
I believe that is correct. He has full cutlist for a full sheet of mdf, graphs ect all on this forum.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Have you tried moving the LP? That can be the same as moving the subs.

Hostility

Hostility

Full Audioholic
Where my couch is in the room and he support beam for the house I don’t have too much control. I either get too close to front stage or too far back for screen size. I did move it a foot but didn’t notice much

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
FWIW it's named after Marty but IIRC designed by someone else (the main guy in the diy sub section at avsforum....can't remember his screen name at the moment). Marty IIRC even got kicked off avsforum later. The flatpacks are currently offered by a couple guys in socal, tho. Best way to find info is search "Marty FAQ site:avsforum.com". Believe the original driver it was designed for was the HT18 from SI....but modeled well for the UM18 also.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
FWIW it's named after Marty but IIRC designed by someone else (the main guy in the diy sub section at avsforum....can't remember his screen name at the moment). Marty IIRC even got kicked off avsforum later. The flatpacks are currently offered by a couple guys in socal, tho. Best way to find info is search "Marty FAQ site:avsforum.com". Believe the original driver it was designed for was the HT18 from SI....but modeled well for the UM18 also.
Boom! Thanks for filling in the blanks. I was going off of memory. Something I’m not always equipped for lol!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Boom! Thanks for filling in the blanks. I was going off of memory. Something I’m not always equipped for lol!
LTD is the screen name of the designer I was trying to remember, sometimes it takes a while :). Memory ain't what it used to be, and that's about my limit for this :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis