Adding files to Foobar problem

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I have a slight issue with the Foobar. The way it integrates to menus and sub-menus should allow you to add files to your currently playing material. My Foobar does this for some files and not the others.

Did anyone have this problem before?

I was looking around the Internet, but couldn't find anything helpful. I did associate Foobar with all file types and if I double-click any of them, it'll open in Foobar.

But, when I right click certain files the menu offers Play in Foobar or Add to Windows Media Player and not Foobar.

I did transport these from an old HD that went bad, so I'm thinking whether there could be some sort of 'read-only' type of protection that prevented Foobar to fully associate with my files, but I'm only guessing.

Any ideas, people? Can this be fixed?

EDIT: I forgot to say that sometimes it's the same file type, i.e. some mp3's I can add to Foobar and some not.

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
@killdozzer

I've never seen that type of issue with Foobar.

But, I do have a thought here. Were some of your files purchased as digi downloads from maybe iTunes, Amazon, or some other digi retailer?

I'm thinking that you may have some type of DRM controls causing these issues.

If all of your files were ripped directly from disc, then that probably throws that theory out.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Possibly, yes. Not by me, though, some of them I got from some friends.

Assuming it could be these DRM controls, is this solvable?

My PC crashed recently, but I could enqueue all of them, for example, in winamp (the same files) on my old setup.

upload_2017-6-23_16-2-53.png

This is how it looks for me with certain files.

Thank you @slipperybidness

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Possibly, yes. Not by me, though, some of them I got from some friends.

Assuming it could be these DRM controls, is this solvable?

My PC crashed recently, but I could enqueue all of them, for example, in winamp (the same files) on my old setup.

View attachment 21427

This is how it looks for me with certain files.

Thank you @slipperybidness
Well, "solving" DRM problems can be a bit of a grey area in the legal sense. If you do not own a legit copy of the material, then it is illegal.

Yes, there are solutions to "defeat" DRM. There are plenty of resources available online to point you that direction. I can't condone that though, and AH is not the site for that type of information.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Well, "solving" DRM problems can be a bit of a grey area in the legal sense. If you do not own a legit copy of the material, then it is illegal.

Yes, there are solutions to "defeat" DRM. There are plenty of resources available online to point you that direction. I can't condone that though, and AH is not the site for that type of information.
Thanks anyway. I'm sorry for putting you in the spot. I didn't realise this would mean threading the gray area.

I thought, since I can play these files in Foobar, why wouldn't I be able to queue those exact same files in Foobar?

Don't worry, I'll figure it out. And thank you for the help.

kd

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
So as a side note, I always spelled it FUBAR and used in a completely different context :p

check wikipedia if you are unaware...

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I solved this so I just wanted to post here to have this topic properly closed.

In preferences, under shell integration you can check the box to set enqueue for all file types Foobar is associated with. Some of you probably knew this, for all others, it's here now.

upload_2017-11-14_13-53-29.jpeg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis