B

Birck Cox

Enthusiast
I have a good, powerful Audio receiver that I would like to re-establish as a bluetooth source for transmitting to two bluetooth speakers, all in my home system. I have no use for a portable system, or portable waterproof speakers. I presume that will mean that I need independently AC-powered wireless speakers, correct? What equipment do I need to transmit a bluetooth signal from my conventional receiver to the speakers?

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Please advise what model of audio receiver you are using. We need to know what outputs are available before suggesting what Bluetooth Transmitter would work. Prices can vary depending on capability / options.

Similarly Bluetooth enable speakers can vary greatly. What is your budget here?

B

Birck Cox

Enthusiast
The audio receiver is a Yamaha HTR-5550, with plenty of RCA inputs and outputs, plus video, S-video, Coaxial and optical. Most of these I haven't ever used, but I have used the optical inputs and outputs, so I hooked up a Pyle receiver-transmitter PDWM18BT via the optical system, and attempted to connect to 2 Bose bluetooth speakers, Soundlink Flex SEs. Result: The Pyle BT adapter sees and recognizes the two speakers, but is unable to deliver any signal.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Assuming you have the Optical Cable connected correctly, and as I don't know what sources you are trying to transmit, but my first thought it you may be trying to listen to an analogue signal whereas the Optical Cable only transmits digital signals. (See page 16 in the Yamaha HTR-5550 manual).

As the Pyle "sees" the Bose Speakers I'd suggest your problem lies with the input to the Pyle, and /or operation of it.

I suggest you connect via the RCA output connections on the bottom left of the Yamaha HTR-5550. I don't find a reference for them, but my experience is very few OEMs restrict analogue output jacks. So hopefully these are like Pre-Amp Line Outputs and active with all sources.

I hope this is helpful.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis