Adding album artwork to your music in iTunes

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
I know this isn't really hard to figure out, but just spent an hour going through this and thought I'd post up a little tutorial. I know there are some programs out there that do this automatically, but I always wind up doing it this way. Plus, thought I'd try to contribute to this forum since I'll be taking so much knowledge over the coming years. ;)

1. Pull up iTunes and pick an album or artist or whatever you want. You have two options here:
1.1. You have one single song/artist you want to add art to. Go ahead and right-click what you want to add art to and click "Get Info".

Then from the tabs at the top select "Artwork" (pictured below).

Now, make sure you leave this "artwork" box still up and go to #2.​

1.2. If you have multiple songs/artists that you will assign the same artwork to, highlight them all by clicking the top or bottom song, then hit the shift key, then click the last song.

Or you can select individual songs if they are not in order by holding the control button as you click each song.

Right click on the moust and select "Get Info".

The following box will pop up. Select yes.

You should have the default tab "Info". Toward the bottom right you'll see the box to add artwork.

Now, make sure you leave this "artwork" box still up and go to #2.​

2. Use Google Images and search for the cd. ie: "lil wayne carter 2"

3. Now, just drag that image to the bottom of the screen and hover over iTunes. When iTunes pops up you should already have the info box up where you can drop the picture into the "artwork" box. Your box should now look like this:

4. Click "okay". It'll take a sec to save it if you've selected a lot of songs. But, that's it.

So, it's pretty simple. I pretty much made it sound more complicated than it is. Just a a simple google search, drag and drop to iTunes.

Hope it helps someone. Just trying to be productive, lol. Oh, and yes, I'm pretty bored. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bigbang

Audioholic Intern
Thanks

I've been wondering how I can add the artwork.

Happy New Year!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis