ADC Sound Shaper SS-525X...help

B

Bmaintz

Audiophyte
I have acquired an ADC Sound Shaper SS-525X..... Looking for information or a user's manual for this machine..... Please post here if you can be of help.... Also waht would be its value? $______... Many Thanks, Bob

dsa220

dsa220

Junior Audioholic
These guys should be able to help out with a manual. Scroll down to see if it is listed.

http://www.vintageaudiomanuals.com/-A-.htm

I can not seem to find any other source of information currently; maybe someone else here has more knowledge about this product.

Enjoy :)

B

Bmaintz

Audiophyte
Thanks

Thank you for your response, I have looked on Google & come up empty, no listing on Ebay either (only earlier models).....It has 12 controls but are not sliders but push button clicks, has 4 memory positions for your favorite settings..... I was planning on selling it but may put it into my system instead...Bob

W

wyoboy

Audiophyte
ADC ss-525x

Do you still have the ADC ss525x ? Are you still looking for a manual ? Are you interested in selling the unit ?

V

vw61vert

Audiophyte
Ss-525x

Im Trying To Sell Mine. In Perfect Condition Less The Remote And Manuals

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Im Trying To Sell Mine. In Perfect Condition Less The Remote And Manuals
Nice first post. :D
You can pretty much name your price since it's in 'perfect' condition. :rolleyes:
You have the mic, right? :p

Ahhh ... yeah, that thing comes with a calibrated mic for the RTA. Without it the 'Automatic Computerized' part is dead in the water. Get your post count up in this thread and PM me but be warned that that thing isn't worth much without the accessories. I'm mildly interested because I already have one with the toys.

D

detroit-rock

Audiophyte
I have acquired an ADC Sound Shaper SS-525X..... Looking for information or a user's manual for this machine..... Please post here if you can be of help.... Also waht would be its value? $______... Many Thanks, Bob
Ive got a couple owners manuals fot this unit

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I already got dibs! :eek:

Seriously, take a good look at the info on his post and you will see that he has that one and only post. Click on his user name to see when he was on last and maybe get a couple more posts to PM him if you like. I use a SS and have verified to some extent that a flat setting really is just like not having it in the loop and I think that they are very cool toys. Every once in a while you see them pop up on eBay.

DonF

DonF

Audiophyte
I have had one since 1990 = they are very nice. I have the manual too all stored away in a folder for the last 20 years. I found this site just punching in the model numbers into Google to see if anyone messed with this stuff anymore.

S

sound-quality

Audiophyte
Just a quick note. The Logitch Harmony remotes work with these ADC SS-525x equalizers. The remote does not power the unit on - you will have to turn on the equalizer manually, but once on, the remote will function most of the features. I got my ADC like so many other people apparently without the remote. I was very glad when I discovered that Logitech remotes work with it.

DonF

DonF

Audiophyte
Cool, If I ever loose my remote I know where to look thanks!

Seinfan89

Audiophyte
I have had one since 1990 = they are very nice. I have the manual too all stored away in a folder for the last 20 years. I found this site just punching in the model numbers into Google to see if anyone messed with this stuff anymore.
Theres something wrong my ADC-SS525X, I'm not sure, maybe its fixable, maybe it isn't..., but it SEEMS the RTA sensitive buttons aren't working, in other words, the equalizer bands aren't dancing (moving up and down). I have the Line In and Line Out-- in the Tape 2 inputs both lines put in properly, do you know what the problem might be. ALL 12 equalizer bands are all light up from top to bottom, and I cant lower the sensitivity for them to dance to the music im playing, what would you suggest I try...?

--Chris--

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis