Adam's SVS SB13-Ultra Review

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Finally got around to checking out these reviews - it was a busy summer for me. Yeah, I know -excuses, excuses. :rolleyes::D

Great job though, Adam.:)

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks, man! Are you interested in getting one now? :)
Ummmm, no.:D

I'm a roll your own type now.:) That said, if I was in the market for a commercial subwoofer, SVS would be at the top of my list. However, I think I would have difficulty convincing SWMBO that I need such a subwoofer....and this is how much it costs.:eek: I'm not sure what her price cutoff is, but I'm pretty sure $2000 (can't forget shpping and taxes:rolleyes:) is above it.:(

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I got my first response on YouTube for the video, and the person asked how the SB13 compared to the PC13. At first, I thought, "but that's what most of my review is about," and then I remembered that I hadn't posted the link to the review on YouTube. Oops. :eek: That's all fixed, now.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
I got my first response on YouTube for the video, and the person asked how the SB13 compared to the PC13. At first, I thought, "but that's what most of my review is about," and then I remembered that I hadn't posted the link to the review on YouTube. Oops. :eek: That's all fixed, now.
Ughhh! Technology!

DJ

pbc

pbc

Audioholic
Interesting, I replied to a poster in one of my videos and tried to insert a link to the review in the comment but it wouldn't let me (indicated links aren't permitted).

Wonder if it's because the link was in a comment vs the "description".

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Okay, so the contest is over. Just in case anyone was wondering if the contest influenced my review or my stated opinions on the sub - it didn't. This is one spectacular sub, and I recommend to anyone in the market for a sub at this price point to check it out. SVS has extended their pre-order price of $1500 (including shipping) to October 5.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks, guys!

I posted here in part to show that I was willing to put my money where my mouth was - perhaps further showing the folks that don't know me well that I meant all the good things that I said about this sub.

Again - I highly recommend that folks consider this sub if they are looking at the Ultra line.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
In addition. I have room for both, and Niki hasn't complained...yet.
will they run parallel in your system or will you do some highpassing and lowpassing like i did?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Are SVS subs made in China?
I thought that the cabinets were and that the amps were made in Canada, but the sticker on the back of my amp says Made in PRC...so I don't know for sure.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I thought that the cabinets were and that the amps were made in Canada, but the sticker on the back of my amp says Made in PRC...so I don't know for sure.
Over time, I've seen a lot of various and sundry info about where SVS has facilities and where final assembly takes place.

They definitely make cabinets in China and my PB13U was marked as made in PRC as well, so presumably that's where the final assembly is happening. I'm not sure about the cylinders; when I had purchased my PC12-NSD a little over a year ago, they were noting that had the highest US content of any speaker in their lineup and the cylinder home page noted the PC13U at the time was assembled in the US factory. As I recall though, the Sledge amp for the PC12 was made in China.

Aside from China and obviously their US facility, SVS also has facilities in Taiwan, though I'm not sure what's produced there.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis