Adam Hall speaker pads and making your own pads questions?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
You never posted a link of the Adam Hall pads. I couldn't find them for 12 bucks.
The Adam Hall ones were 22 bucks on Amazon. I find different ones from Azo supply or something that was 13 and change, free shipping.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The Adam Hall ones were 22 bucks on Amazon. I find different ones from Azo supply or something that was 13 and change, free shipping.

Care to share the link?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I think the coffee cup analogy Alex used is a good one that I use to illustrate the same concept. It may be over simplified but definitely effective.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I have to say, the cabinets on my Tempests are pretty inactive as well. Which is hard to believe being there is 12" woofers there. The stands I built for them have semi-soft rubber chair tips and I was curious if this was going to make a negative difference in the sound being there is no damping material in the bottom of these cabinets. It didn't that I can tell.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Well I got the cheaper version of the Auralex isolation pads, and you can tell the quality is just a tick off. Actually I don't know if I'd call it quality, just a different texture to the feel of the foam, but it gets the job done just the same really.
Now I'll say something controversial. I will swear that it makes a difference in sound quality. Is it like the end of the world you don't use them or is it something I can measure, no I can't, but to me it makes the speakers more airy, like they are floating or something. I know sounds strange, but I think it makes a difference, and I'm glad I got them. Now my front mains, a center channel have them under them. I'm happy with it. Just my opinion.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Well I got the cheaper version of the Auralex isolation pads, and you can tell the quality is just a tick off. Actually I don't know if I'd call it quality, just a different texture to the feel of the foam, but it gets the job done just the same really.
Now I'll say something controversial. I will swear that it makes a difference in sound quality. Is it like the end of the world you don't use them or is it something I can measure, no I can't, but to me it makes the speakers more airy, like they are floating or something. I know sounds strange, but I think it makes a difference, and I'm glad I got them. Now my front mains, a center channel have them under them. I'm happy with it. Just my opinion.
Success isn't having what you want, its wanting what you have. If you think it sounds better and you like it: you are in a very happy place. Enjoy. My bamboo slabs under my existing speakers are something I shall miss when the new Salk Songtowers arrive. Out with the old and in with the new. I'm looking forward to it. Enjoy your setup as long as you can. The upgrade bug can strike at any time.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Success isn't having what you want, its wanting what you have. If you think it sounds better and you like it: you are in a very happy place. Enjoy. My bamboo slabs under my existing speakers are something I shall miss when the new Salk Songtowers arrive. Out with the old and in with the new. I'm looking forward to it. Enjoy your setup as long as you can. The upgrade bug can strike at any time.
Number one, thanks for the advice. Number two Salk towers! I hear Salk speakers are incredible! Expensive too. Number 3 that dam upgrade bug comes out of nowhere and is there all the time somehow. If, or when I should say I move on from this system I think I'm gonna to PSA speakers. I think that's the direction I'll go but I am super happy with what I have right now.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
How much have you considered it's simply expectational bias? Even if there is a slight change in the foam parameters, that it affects the speaker in an audible (or even measurable) way is extremely hard to believe but on the other hand a placebo that works for you....

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
How much have you considered it's simply expectational bias? Even if there is a slight change in the foam parameters, that it affects the speaker in an audible (or even measurable) way is extremely hard to believe but on the other hand a placebo that works for you....
No not at all because as I said in my very first post about this subject I just needed something to angle up my speakers so the tweeter was aimed at my ear. I was totally skeptical of the claims, and reviews on YouTube, I even called it snake oil myself. I bought the original pair just to angle up, not believing the BS. What I ended up is a believer and in fairly short time. I can't explain, I can't quantify it, I have no tests, just my ears. Everyone can think what they want, think I'm crazy, think I'm nuts, just what I hear.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No not at all because as I said in my very first post about this subject I just needed something to angle up my speakers so the tweeter was aimed at my ear. I was totally skeptical of the claims, and reviews on YouTube, I even called it snake oil myself. I bought the original pair just to angle up, not believing the BS. What I ended up is a believer and in fairly short time. I can't explain, I can't quantify it, I have no tests, just my ears. Everyone can think what they want, think I'm crazy, think I'm nuts, just what I hear.

Fits the expectational bias picture very well....

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Fits the expectational bias picture very well....
That makes sense. Last post I make in this thread. Thought I'd share my thoughts. Take it for what you guys want.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis