Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I use Chrome on Windows 11 Pro desktop. A few sites were asking me to allow ads with Ad Block before I could access them. I did that and refreshed. Still didn't work. This was at least three sites I like to frequent. So I thought, heck, I'll just uninstall Ad Block. I do not see it in my programs to uninstall, just on the browser. So I removed it. but I am still getting the same pop-up!
So I thought, I'll use MS Edge for just those sites. I get the same pop-up and I have never installed Ad Block on Edge. But the pop-up using Edge says to go to the shield to the left of the address bar to turn off ad blocking. I don't have that shield! I have never added an ad blocker on Edge! Any suggestions? I did try closing the browser, re-starting the computer all to no avail.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
How about using a non-MS browser?
I don't use it primarily. I use Chrome primarily which I mentioned above. I have MS Edge, but don't use it much. I only opened it because I thought I'd use it for these sites.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Brain fart, forgot Chrome was Google. I use DuckDuckGo primarily and sometimes Firefox but not Chrome or Edge myself. I rarely get those requests, but it could be the sites you're visiting....

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Brain fart, forgot Chrome was Google. I use DuckDuckGo primarily and sometimes Firefox but not Chrome or Edge myself. I rarely get those requests, but it could be the sites you're visiting....
I use ddgo for my search engine. They have a browser?

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
How about using a non-MS browser?
A MS browser isn't the only one that with the use of an ad blocker, it creates a conflict with sites which use ads for their source of income. The same situation happens with Firefox that I'm using.
The only solution is disabling your ad blocker or quit the site.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
A MS browser isn't the only one that with the use of an ad blocker, creates a conflict with sites, including some newspaper ones, which use ads for their source of income. The same situation happens with Firefox that I'm using. The only solution is disabling your ad blocker or quit the site.

In such situation, I usually don't bother disabling the blocker and just leave the site.

Last edited:
Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
A MS browser isn't the only one that with the use of an ad blocker, it creates a conflict with sites which use ads for their source of income. The same situation happens with Firefox that I'm using.
I did one step further! I removed ad-blocker after disabling it. That did jack squat. Still get the pop ups on those three sites on Chrome. I have never added an ad blocker on edge and I get the pop-up on at least one site on edge. Cannot get past it! grrrrr. The site on common on edge and chrome where it happens is Profootballtalk dot com. On Chrome, I get it on three sites. So wierd.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sites that require me to unblock I do generally avoid I suppose, rarely even run into them, tho.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Since I'm a Canadian, for instance New York Times blocks me unless I disable AdBlock+.
Yep. But I removed it and still get that. I'll have to see if it's in my programs under another name.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I did one step further! I removed ad-blocker after disabling it. That did jack squat. Still get the pop ups on those three sites on Chrome. I have never added an ad blocker on edge and I get the pop-up on at least one site on edge. Cannot get past it! grrrrr. The site on common on edge and chrome where it happens is Profootballtalk dot com. On Chrome, I get it on three sites. So wierd.
I did just try profootballtalk with duckduckgo with no particular ad blocker installed and no problem and no ads that were getting in the way....same with firefox. Newish laptop, guess I didn't get around to using an adblocker yet it seems.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Yep. But I removed it and still get that. I'll have to see if it's in my programs under another name.
Have you ever tried using a VPN with a US server, to see if New York Times allows you to see some of its content?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis