Active tweeters setup in home theater

M

Mahixit

Audiophyte
Hello everyone,
Need your suggestions and guidance on adding two active tweeters in my existing 5.1 home theater setup. Onkyo tx-nc646 is pushing all klipsch speakers but I would need more treble. I want to set up two additional tweeters on top of whatever I have.
How about I use zone2 (line out), feed it an additional system that plays only treble? Like two additional active tweeters? What options do you suggest? I am thinking of using good quality desktop speakers, feed them after reducing the bass and mid somehow? Please answer.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Doesn't sound like a very good idea. Do you have particular hearing issues? Why not just consider speakers more suited to your needs?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh my. This has bad results all over it. Klipsch speakers not bright enough?! Haw..?

Is it possible that the tweeters in your speakers right now aren't functioning? Like blown or disconnected? Do you have 2 sets of binding posts on your speakers with jumpers in place (not bi amped or bi wired)?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Is it April Fools day? Wow. I'd have to guess the tweeters are blown also.

I would say if it is output you're looking for then more power is the answer not more tweeters. If you have a huge room and lower power (Onkyo lists 100w) then it may simply not have enough power to deliver the levels you're after.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I forgot all about that one... wow, lol.
There should be a new forum category where epic threads are bronzed and saved for all to see! This one should be stickied as the progenitor for all that may follow. :p

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
There should be a new forum category where epic threads are bronzed and saved for all to see! This one should be stickied as the progenitor for all that may follow. :p
I did NOT forget that thread! It was infamous for these pics of OP's handiwork! I mean, I saved them and still occasionally post 'em in oddball threads! This is what he (supposedly) ended up putting together!
DSC00784.JPG
DSC00785.JPG
DSC00788.JPG

DSC00789.JPG

"Lows like BBBBBBBB and highs like SSSSSSSSSSS!" @William Lemmerhirt and I had some fun in there!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I did NOT forget that thread! It was infamous for these pics of OP's handiwork! I mean, I saved them and still occasionally post 'em in oddball threads! This is what he (supposedly) ended up putting together!
View attachment 31440View attachment 31441View attachment 31442
View attachment 31443

"Lows like BBBBBBBB and highs like SSSSSSSSSSS!" @William Lemmerhirt and I had some fun in there!
Good Lord. I have seen them many times, but I'm never prepared for that monstrosity.

I cringe at the thought of how that sounds.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Good Lord. I have seen them many times, but I'm never prepared for that monstrosity.

I cringe at the thought of how that sounds.
That was a fun one. There were a bunch of us participating in that one. I look at some of my posts and you can tell I was taking him dead serious in the beginning... lol.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
That was a fun one. There were a bunch of us participating in that one. I look at some of my posts and you can tell I was taking him dead serious in the beginning... lol.
I remember. He was serious, but had no clue how wrong he was. I watched everyone try to help that poor dude. Quite amusing.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I read every post, crying-laughing... 2 beers and a pour of rye to help out. The lady walked in on me giggling like schoolgirls at a slumber party!
I had seen those pics before, a thread about speakers to never buy, or something like that...
So very nice to put them in context.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I remember. He was serious, but had no clue how wrong he was. I watched everyone try to help that poor dude. Quite amusing.
You're right, lol. Those crossovers on top of the speakers are the same ones he posted earlier in the thread. Super tweeters too. Ha ha!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
View attachment 31440View attachment 31441View attachment 31442
View attachment 31443

Hooooleeeeee “sssssss”hiiiiit!!!! That was a good one. Haven’t seen those pics in awhile. Good stuff!!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis