Active or passive headphones

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I guess the measurements are taking into account only the portion of the sound which goes into the ear, otherwise the results would be incomparable. What is the point to look at the leaked part of the output? It is just a waste nobody is listening to the leaking sound from the headphones unless they are forced to do by someone who made a bad headphones choice)))
I never said you are to look for the leaked sound on measurements. I was pointing out the reason for it. Open headphones have smoother bass and more neutral sound while closed back tend to have boosted bass.

A

Andrein

Senior Audioholic
I never said you are to look for the leaked sound on measurements. I was pointing out the reason for it. Open headphones have smoother bass and more neutral sound while closed back tend to have boosted bass.
Still, if you compare headphones to subs, then analogy is rather reversed regarding bass. Ported subs normally have more bass than sealed. :)

Anyway, I might have missed the point you were trying to make...

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Still, if you compare headphones to subs, then analogy is rather reversed regarding bass. Ported subs normally have more bass than sealed. :)

Anyway, I might have missed the point you were trying to make...
I'm not referring to sealed vs ported but the fact how sub fills open space. Sub fills the whole open space and it doesnt care about your listening area size.

A

Andrein

Senior Audioholic
I'm not referring to sealed vs ported but the fact how sub fills open space. Sub fills the whole open space and it doesnt care about your listening area size.
Ok. Let's just leave this...

A

Andrein

Senior Audioholic
Just to give an update. I bought oppo pm3 headphones and ha2 se amp at 25% off the price. In general i im happy with this combination. Good bass, ha2se gives you an option to boost it even more. Flat response as it was expected not bright, not dark. Highs could be a bit more pronounced though. Ha2se makes some difference, especially with my samsung s7.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis